1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bead to bird shooting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jun 17, 2013.

1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Do any of you have a bead to bird relationship when shooting targets?

2. Shawn

Shawn Member

Only on days that end in "Y"

Shawn

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Wow are you going to get a lot of smarta$$ replies on this one. I look at the bead and I float the bird...I think. Bill

4. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Yes the bead to bird relatiuonship is important. It is developed thru shooting a lot.Practice, practice practice and remember only smoke....

5. Cooter

Cooter Member

I have asked a lot of very good shooters and they all give the same answer, YES,they say the only control you have over the target is your aim,or bird to bead relationship. I believe Frank Little spells it out pretty clear in his little red book.That picture of the target and bead is what should make the gun to go off,not timing.

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

But the bead is NEVER clear and it is not required to be. You should however see a crystal clear target !!!! When the bead is in view it is time to pull or release!!!

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Only when I want a broken target. I am not one of the magic men who need to just look at target to break it! I always love that line. Makes me laugh every time I hear it. Jeff