1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bead stack ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I am currently using the smallest white bead available for a Hi-viz comp-sight.
    It appears that both beads are touching each other. If I wanted to put a little space between the beads, do I add or decrease the shim space in my comb? Just a little to lazy to determine which direction to go.

Phil Berkowitz

2. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

Add/raise your comb 1/8".

3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

If you want to raise the POI, then raise the comb. If to lower POI, then lower comb. Eaxct amount depends on both you and your particular gun. Basically, in setting the POI, it is best to just ignore the middle bead. All this really does is serve to align the gun to be sure you are not canting, etc and to check that the cast on (or cast on for lefties) is right. The determining factors in POI are the front bead and the rear sight (your eye). Raising the rear sight (eye) via raising the comb, raises the POI.

Jim R

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Or you could bend the barrel. That would distance them..

5. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Stacking beads in a figure eight with no space between them and trying to raise your p.o.i. and still keep the beads stacked is a LOSING proposition.The middle bead is used to make sure that lining up the front and back beads keeps your eye looking straight down the barrel. It's a side to side thing NOT an up and down thing.You may see 5 inches of space between the middle and front bead and as long as they line up one behind the other that's all that matters.Of course the more space you see between the beads the higher the gun will shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.