1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bead blocker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mich746, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mich746

mich746 Member

I'm looking for a rib mounted bead blocker. The thing that keeps you from seeing the bead with your off eye.
    Anybody got a source............

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Meadow Industries Sight Blinder

3. targetchip

targetchip Banned User Banned

here is the problem with the Meadow Industries product.

The theory here is that the "off eye" cannot see the bead, and by blocking the bead from the master eye, you can let the other eye control the aiming. The theory is good, but in actual practice this is a really sorry solution. The problem with it is this. Your actual sight picture that the brain uses is a lot more than just the bead. Your brain knows that the bead is just part of what you are pointing. In fact you are pointing a receiver, barrel, and vent rib, in addition to the bead. All of this is sight picture. The fence only stops your "off eye" from seeing the bead. The "off eye" can still see the rib and barrel, which actually makes up more of the sight picture than the bead does. In other words the eye dominance still in place!!!

4. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Use a black white board marker. You can wipe it off if you don't like it.

I use one every time I start to think i am bead checking again.

15 cents at Staples.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bead blocker