1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bead alighnment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puddin, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puddin

puddin TS Member

WHEN SHOOTING YESTERDAY (NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY) I QUIT ALIGHNING MY BEADS UP,I WOULD JUST PULL UP AND CALL FOR THE BIRD. AFTER SHOOTING A ROUND I ASKED ONE OF THE BETTER SHOOTERS AT THE CLUB ABOUT THIS AND HE SAID THAT IS THE WAY TO DO IT. SO I WENT OUT AND SHOOT ANOTHER ROUND,IT FEELS MORE FLUID AND NATURAL,AND SO FAR I BREAK MORE BIRDS. IS IT DUMB LUCK AND BAD ADVICE OR THE NORM FOR MOST?

2. Seitz373

Seitz373 Member

It is generally good advice because it prevents you from bead checking and looking back at the beads as you move to the target

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

puddin

"WHEN SHOOTING YESTERDAY (NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY) I QUIT ALIGHNING MY BEADS UP,I WOULD JUST PULL UP AND CALL FOR THE BIRD."

I have questions. Are you shooting at the target or the beads? If you are shooting at target why are you looking at the beads? Everyone wants to make this game harder than it is.

BTW shut off your caps lock it is considered rude to post in all capital letters

Bob Lawless

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If your fits you the beads should line up automaticaly. If your gun likes you it will hit what you are looking at(the target). And if it really likes you it won't hurt when you shoot it. HMB

5. puddin

puddin TS Member

Thanks for the comments, sorry about the caps.I hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings. CHRIS

6. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

Isn't this really more about the relationship between point of impact and where your eye is looking? I find that once I mount the gun I never see the beads again as I swing to the bird. I have also adjusted my gun so that the point of impact hits where my eye is looking (thanks to adjustable comb). As long as I keep my head on the stock, the targets break.

My biggest problem seems to be peeking to see if the target broke...

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

goose2

"On my guns I only use the beads to periodically check to see if I am canting my gun. If they are in line the gun is not canted. if they are not aligned, guess what? its canted."

If it is canted what will that mean? will it mean an automatic lost target if not it is excess baggage and only take your concentration of the task at hand. Which is breaking targets not worrying about canting or the lack of it.

Bob Lawless

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Chris, are you talking about bead alignment up and down or right and left? Up and down is negotiable, but right and left isn't, and the comb should set that relationship solidly without "checking."

Neil

9. puddin

puddin TS Member

Neil,Im talking about up and down, I don't know if I was so worried about there alighnment with one closed then I would have to refocus both eyes on the house and call for the bird. Way too much going on. Now I pull the gun up, focus on house,call for bird,shoot bird,watch the dust. My question was is this how most shooters do it. Being a noobie to trap I wanted a few opinions on my big breakthrough in trap lol... Thanks again who responded,this really is a great forum. Chris

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Screw the beads, see the bird, track the bird, shoot the bird and do it again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.