1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Be very carefull what you put on the internet !!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by warren, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

Someone stole my girlfriends sons identity and took over 30 grand out of her and his account. They traveled all through Europe including the Middle East drawing money out of her account on they way. It started May 3rd and nobody caught until the account was overdrawn yesterday. The stupid bank just paid that money out without even questioning it

warren

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hope it was US Bank. They deserve to be left holding the bag. Buncha banksters.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I got hit 2X, the bank alerted me once and I caught it once. A shooter at our club had some Russians get him for about 300K in his business account.. they are still working on that one.

They will usually test their info with a small withdrawal, and if it flies they go back with vigor.

How can you have 30 Grand in the bank and not look at it for almost 3 weeks?

HM

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Just had to get a new credit card,,,,someone in CA tried to charge $300 at a Target,,,,cc company caught it,,,,I asked them what I could have done, and they told me that there are now computer programs to take the random numbers and try a charge until it takes....

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

My wife's identity was stolen in 2004. We pay cash for almost everything, only have debit cards and I waived the overdraft protection on them, so our joint checking account was only hit for a little over $400 but we started receiving telephone calls and nasty letters about being delinquent on the mortgages on our beachfront property in South Carolina and student loans we never took out. It took our bank over a year to stop the calls and letters and our credit score still hasn't fully recovered.

Ed

6. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

American Express called me about 2 weeks ago and questioned me about 2 or 3 "weird" charges made earlier that day (Sunday). They told me to cut-up card and were sending out new cards with new numbers. Never saw anything on my statement.

You will never get that kind of service from Bank of America.

7. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer TS Member

Had a very similar incident about a month ago. Visa called and questioned me about some charges. As stated above they tried a couple of little charges first. Said they had already canceled the card and was sending a new one. In addition my bank also called and related the same message as Visa. Have no idea how they got the number. When I went to the bank they told me a couple of their employees had also been hit. Live and learn.
    Bill

8. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ditto on American Express. Their service is tops. No hassle. Your new card with new account number is delivered to you by Fed Ex overnight!

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I'm worried about what we post here. WE are liberal about our toys. show pictures of man caves, houses, listing towns and state, etc. I'm a trusting soul but We've got to be careful what we give out anywhere. Dave T.

10. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

All of the above point out, to me at least, the importance of having on line access to view the transactions in your bank accounts and credit cards.

I review mine daily and the one incident that I had I discovered shortly after it happened, the charge was stopped, new cards issued and all was o.k.

Check with your bank about "on line" banking and sign up, then review your accounts on a regular basis!!!

Allen

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I believe PAYPAL is a safer way to buy off the net.

12. warren

warren Member

He was in an LA Hospital having back surgery and they think that's where they got his id. Those people traveled to Yemen and Dahbi the Sheriff thinks they are terroists. They withdrew money from there and the Credit Union never questioned the transactions.

warren

13. coho

coho Member

we've had our credit card number stolen twice, the first time my wife was going through our statement and noticed a bunch of charges from idaho for computers, gas and fast food. visa credited us and cancelled the card. we figured out who had stolen it. the second time visa called us about a $300 dollar charge someone made about an hour earlier, i think it was a business we had just bought something from that time.

14. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Got my account from a transaction at the parking lot for Amtrak. Within minutes someone then charged 999.00 at MCSports and bought a couple concert tickets. Our card company immediately stopped the card and notified us.

Some outfits, banks, are better than others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.