1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Be leery of doing any transactions with Prof Okie

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by t7731, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t7731

t7731 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

User name Prof Okie agreed to purchase some items that I had for sale on this site last weekend. I felt that the honorable thing to do was hold the items for him until he had paid me. I followed up with him on three separate occasions through PM and email, all of which were ignored.

After the third unsuccessful attempt to communicate with this person, I made my items available for sale once again and was able to sell them.

To be clear, I did not lose any money or merchandise, however had he asked, I would have gladly sent the items to him before he sent any payment. I went and checked his statistics, only to find that his post to me was his very first one. My guess is that this is not really his first visit to ts.com, but rather he has created a new username because his old one is tarnished.

Buyer and seller beware.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Don't feel bad, I got burned in a similar manner by some who still posts fairly regularly on here (566 posts to his name, and he posted here 2 days ago).

Ended up holding the item for him for over a month, with stories of having to wait for the pension check to arrive, to having to ask permission from his wife, to other BS.

He ended up not even bothering to answer my last 3-4 emails to him. Finally gave up and relisted it, and had a paying buyer in less than a day.

I learned my lesson, and am less generous on time now.

3. Sharp1

Sharp1 Member

0   0   0

Skeet who was it?

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I would prefer not to name names, but I get a little chuckle every time I see him still posting here, guess he completely forgot about the whole thing.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

LMAO.....Chris I don't trust you as far as I can throw ya and I have a bad back. Kid'n of course.

It's a Shame but occasionally we get the untrustworthy here too.

Skeet, you are a hell of a good man to hold an item that long. I'm not very patient.

6. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It's a new game with some buyers. I've had two contact me and agree on a price and then get a case of buyer's remorse and try to get me to take less.

Hell, if you make the offer don't try and take it back.

They either find out they don't have the funds available or a buddy tell them they're paying to much.

Don't know where they were brought up but if you're selling and I agree to pay "X" amount, then that's what I'll pay.

Tim

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Leery or wary. Weary means tired.

8. t7731

t7731 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Thanks for the English/grammar lesson.

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

It is frustrating when someone tells you they will take it and you give them time to pay only to get an excuse a month later. I also try to work with guys cause 99% do as they say. That dang 1% ruins it for eveyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.