1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Be careful what you post.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Claymuncher, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

I am posting this in shooting related as it concerns this site and trap shooters in general and to get more to read it. Concerning a post in non related about certain people with guns, not stating it as it would exasperate the problem.

I just did a search on Google for the subject of that thread. About half way down the front page their it was.

Do we want this subject anchored to trap shooting and this site on Google?" Some of you think it is good to talk about, no problem, just realize how far and where it goes from here.

Google

NEGRxES WITH GUNS - Trapshooters.comwww.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=286548...3You +1'd this publicly.
    3 posts - 10 hours ago
    Website Address: http://news.yahoo.com/negrxes-guns-230205115.html. NEGRxES

NEGROxS WITH GUNSwww.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=286548...4You +1'd this publicly. Undo 13 hours ago – Subject: NEGROxS WITH GUNS From: mrskeet410. Email: Date: Wed, Apr 18, 2012 - 10:36 PM ET Website Address: ...

CM

2. releasebob

releasebob Member

Very good point that kind of crap should not be on this forum for sure,I think this site is very well maintained but the moderator should instantly remove anything defamatory or racist people have a right to their opinion but not the right to post it or spread propoganda anywhere they like.BOB

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Munchy tell us, is this subject related to society if it is, isn't the trapshooting community part of society?

If it is it belongs here, or maybe you feel we should avoid the subject. Prove to society that we are to ignorant to own guns.

Maybe if we sidestep the issues they will go away????

Get a life Munchy they need to know at every turn that we are not as stupid as they think we are. They cry foul when one of the black community is in their opinion wronged. Yet when the shoe is on the other foot we here nothing about it.

That is what makes this more than a gun issue alone!!!!!

Bob Lawless

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I have brought up this issue before and more than once.

That is the reason I go through and edit or delete many of my posts, after a while.

5. Rick Barker

I went on the tail end of mrskeet410's original post and put a diclaimer on it. That should make it better. Old trick i learned from the media.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Claymuncher,

While I agree with you caution the article referenced is yesterday's (4/18) column by Ann Coulter - albeit re-posted on a Yahoo site.

It is actually a very pro-firearms and Republican party piece and rather nasty towards the Democrats (deservedly so?).

7. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Jeez Bobby : I always wondered why you use so many !!!! and ???? Your spelling is getting much better.

My post was just a note that might not get thought about not a big rant although some cannot help themselves.

Here is a new one on Google.

NEGROxS WITH GUNSwww.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=286548...4You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    13 hours ago – Subject: NEGROxS WITH GUNS From: mrskeet410. Email: Date: Wed, Apr 18, 2012 - 10:36 PM ET Website Address: ...

CM

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just FYI, you can go and delete things after the fact, but chances are they are still stored somewhere, forever.

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Thats funny coming from you a critique of my spelling. As far as the exclamation marks and question marks is concerned they draw attention to things.

BTW it must work after all you noticed it didn't you. I did the same search you did on Google and I found the link you speak of 5th from the bottom of page 6, funny how things do change.

"My post was just a note that might not get thought about." Or was it an attempt to dictate your beliefs/opinions into this subject. This should have been posted in the politics category but you saw fit to make your own rules not follow the established rules. Kind of self serving isn't it.

Bob Lawless

10. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Yes Bobby : Self serving, I am looking to be king of this wretched hill of bytes!!!!!!!!!!

CM

They are renewed as they are posted by the servers of google.

11. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"BTW it must work after all you noticed it didn't you. I did the same search you did on Google and I found the link you speak of 5th from the bottom of page 6, funny how things do change."</i></blockquote>Nothing changed. The two of you get different returns from Google because of your individual search patterns. Turn off your search history in the search settings and uncheck "personalize results" if it appears (it doesn't for some people).

Google feeds you what it thinks you want to see based on what you looked for in the past. As long as you maintain a search history the results you get will be biased in favor of something. The more stuff you have in your search history the more narrow and focused your returns will be.

Keller

12. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Google is entirely intrusive and can pull up some very interesting things about people. Try typing your REAL name in google and see what comes up. You will be amazed. I've even typed in my friends names, and if their name appears anywhere in public media, it will show up in a google search.

Try it with your screen name from trapshooters.com. Every post you've ever made will show up.

It's scary.

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

14. otnot

otnot Active Member

Just imagine the files that are being kept on you by the NSA in Utah. Congress is getting ready to pass a bill that will allow all the different agencies to share information taken from the internet. The bill is called CISPA. The article is linked above.

15. Rick Barker

Sounds like a another big waste of money, tracking mindless old farts, passing wind and gas, unable to keep the drool running out the corner of their face.

The real enemy is the one you don't see or hear from.

16. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

I see that nobama is successful in re-writing our Constitution.....people are now afraid to speak their mind.

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    In fact, if anyone bothered to read the entire article I posted, "Negroes with Guns" is an Ann Coulter column about how gun prohibition laws have their roots in racism, being enacted to control a certain group of people. In this case free blacks and newly freed slaves. Today these gun prohibition laws are about controlling law-abiding citizens, but do nothing to thwart criminals. It might behoove some of you to actually read and learn a little about the history of gun prohibition in this country instead of blithely sending your yearly dues to the NRA and calling it good. As for the people who click on the Yahoo (or Google or whatever) link, good, they might learn something too.

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    BTW, if the site owner, or his webmaster, would set the metadata instructions up properly search engines would be directed to skip this site for mining data. That's what we did at the site I moderate. It also decreases bandwidth usage and stress on the server, reducing latency issues and timeouts to users.

19. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

"In fact, if anyone bothered to read the entire article I posted, "Negroes with Guns" is an Ann Coulter column"

That was not the concern or the intent, some of the replies posted to both of them might be. Every one agrees Ann Coulter is a good read.

CM

"NEGROES WITH HAMMERS - Trapshooters.comwww.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=286558...4Cached
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    3 posts - 16 hours ago
    Trapshooters.com Home Page ... Subject: NEGROES WITH HAMMERS ... people who want to talk about guns and gun issues go somewhere ...
    Get more discussion results"

20. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"BTW, if the site owner, or his webmaster, would set the metadata instructions up properly search engines would be directed to skip this site for mining data."</I></blockquote>Well... I suppose you could either simply boast about your own expertise or offer the friendly suggestion to the folks in charge here.

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.