1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Be Active, not Reactive

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Given the handwringing over Obama's election, and the fears of losing our shooting sports and gun rights, why not be pro-active? Consider inviting him to a trapshoot and allowing him a lesson...extend that through the ATA; our ATA whose first president was John Phillip Sousa who wrote many of our most patriotic songs and marches.

It could be a win-win; Obama, I heard (my blaring TV) in the background, indicates a need to involve all. If he doesn't at least consider the shooting sports' point of view, he loses 'cause it will be on record. If he shows, he may glean an understanding that we are not a bunch of "good old boys with hostility towards the non-mainstream", but overwhelmingly competitive and polite gentlemen, ladies, and children from all walks of life.

If he shows, be sure to video as much as possible so no false claims by "his side" can be made re. behavior and style. Perhaps a fine gentleman like Leo could lend his services to give Obama a trap lesson.

Other venues would be the NRA's inviting him to a Cowboy Action Shoot, etc.
    Got nothing to lose and likely a whole lot to gain.

This may sound risky, but maybe not. As Churchill said: "Play for more than you can afford to lose and you will learn the game."

Yes I know that the Second Amendment is not mainly about shooting sports, but at least the recreational aspects of shooting will maybe make Obama see more sides of the entire picture.

Respectfully,

David

2. bb-84

bb-84 Member

He is probably already on the invitation list to some long range target shoots.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I would be more then happy if he got a lesson in long range shooting .

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Alf-99 you are no doubt an idiot. I hope the nice gentelmen who come to see you will explain a few facts of life to you and that you learn something from what you have put up for the world to see. Dan

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Oh what a scene....I assumed this is the one you were thinking about....

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Obama didn't even do the compulsory campaign-choreographed camo walk through the pheasant field.

I agree totally - he will never be seen in this environment. Why would he? He'd lose too much cred with the Soros shadow operatives who are funding him and pulling his strings.

7. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

What if he liked trap shooting and started to bring friends? I'd just as soon it stay the way it is. post-2

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

But he'd spread the wealth around by giving us flats of shells!!! LOL...

But seriously, the man needs to look at all of America, not just politicos and intellectuals.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Gun welfare! All you guys with K and P guns will have to buy 1187's for the rest of us!

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

And to the Infinity and Seitz owners: I want a new Ljutic stainless ARS. Please...you said...

On a serious note, I feel the farmers in our country appeared to have been ignored and left out of the loop during this prez. race. I have often heard that it is the hard working farmer who is one who is first to "take it in the shorts" during wartime, military buildups, etc. And how has the small businessman/farmer's concerns been addressed? Lots of other issues went below ground as economic concerns in other areas were addressed..and I'm from an urban area..Obama, forget not that the average American is also struggling with high food and grocery bills. That is another real, factual, non-emotional issue, but highly upsetting particularly for this great food-producing country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.