1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bats

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Bats

This is very timely: the latest newsletter from The Texas Gardener' Seeds said: Put up a bat house to encourage the presence of these shy animals. Bats consume 3,000 or more mosquitoes and other insects nightly, and bats are less likely to be rabid than dogs are. Need another reason? Bats are responsible for up to 95 percent of the seed dispersal essential to the regeneration of forests.

Our planet is populated with plenty of bizarre and astonishing creatures. Here are three from the Bat Family ..... without the need for resorting to fiction.

Suckerfootedbat.jpg

Sucker-Footed Bat

FWBats.jpg

Red Winged Fruit Bat

leftwingfruitbat.jpg

Left Winged Ding Bat

See 2 out of 3 Bats are useful....

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I prefer baseball bats.
    timb99_2008_030325.jpg

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

That baseball bat would look really good lodged between her eyes!!

Curt

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

People are usually surprised when I point out the bats to them in the evenings darting in and out eating insects around street lights. I don't think most people ever see them. I tell them to cover their necks and enjoy watching them. When I was a kid I tried to shoot one with a BB gun. I shot a whole pack of BB's and never could hit one in flight.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I see them all the time in the summer right around dusk.

I like to throw a softball up in the air to attract them. They'll fly right towards it, then veer off when their radar (sonar?) finally tells them its too big to eat.

6. black_wal_nut

black_wal_nut TS Member

bats are funny, we have alot of insects because we live close to the river, and if we go outside past 10, they start almost dive bombing us, the wierd part is, they never actually hit us, except the one time that one got caught in my wifes hair. don't tell her but im still laughing about it.

steven

7. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Unbelievable,,,,,,a woman with two different colored boobs,,,,,,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.