1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BATF trying to cover up

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Ignore media requests for info and interviews about Gunrunnergate, then issue orders to POIs (Public Information Officers) instead present positive stories about BATF operations that were not disasters. But they forgot that government memos have a tendency to wind up leaked. Especially when the system is abused for political reasons.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

How much you want to bet this winds up getting a whole bunch of guns destroyed...in a big public display, with cameras rolling?

"Problem Solved." (That Barack is such a likeable, problem-solving kinda guy).

3. Brian in Oregon

Every gun owner should be pressing their senators and representatives for a full hearing into Gunrunnergate.

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Talked personally to my U.S. Rep yesterday. He had a town meeting and I caught him for about a minute on his way to the next event. He asked for more info and I sent him the CBS article and the AP article. More important, I also talked for a bit longer with this Chief of Staff in the Washington office. He also received the articles sent to his personal e-mail. I encouraged both of them to strongly support Sen. Grassley's effort and to initiate similar action in the House.

Now it is time to sit and watch and see if there is any action.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

This incident will be brushed under the carpet just like the voter intimidation by the black panthers in Phila.

6. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Brian, in and of itself, I don't think this memo is evidence of a coverup or an admission of guilt. It is more an effort to deflect attention away from the issue by encouraging ATF staffers to put a positive spin on the agency by publicizing new success stories. Politicians and companies do this kind ofstuff all the time when they get caught in embarrasing situations.

From what I've seen so far, I think there is little question of their guilt. It's going to be interesting to see how this develops and what new evidence turns up. Calderon is going to have a field day with this stuff, blaming Americans for all the killings going on. What a f'n mess these idiots have created.

7. Brian in Oregon

Hawk46, BATF never released any information about this. And in fact was moving ahead trying to crucify the dealers who sold the guns, even though they reported their concerns to BATF and were told to keep selling. Plus there's a movement to pass new anti-gun laws based on this. It took CBS and Fox to break this, and the memo so deflect the topic was leaked. Someone higher up has ordered this. This needs to be pursued to find out high far up the chain it goes and who is ultimately responsible. So far BATF is trying to hide that information. So yes, there is a cover up.

Oh, and don't forget... this administration bragged about how it was going to be the most transparent every. What BATF is doing flies in the face of that.

8. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Do we need a BATF that is engaged in criminal enterprise?

9. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Yes, there absolutely does need to be an investigation, I've been following the story. I was only referring to the content of that particular letter. Can't wait to see where this goes. Somebody better be hanging on tight to their gonads. It may not blow until Caldiron starts spewing his crap. He's requested copies of the investigative documents. I don't think he'll get them but his buddy OBummer might just turn them over.

10. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Before y'all start throwing rocks.....I totally agree some agents need fried over this.....

The part that keeps haunting me is, why did these dealers, that claim to have known they were breaking the law, continued to do so??

I am a business owner and if some fed or cop agency told me verbally to keep breaking the law so they could make a case....I'd tell them to get F~~~~~d.

Something stinks about this whole deal and it appears everyone is in CYA mode.

Just how stupid are these socalled dealers, anyways?

11. larryjk

larryjk Member

Article in this weekend Paper, how the illegal guns being run to Mexico average about 2000 A DAY. If the border is that porous, we better start pulging the holes. Unless my math is screwed up, that is about 1,030,000 guns a year. Are there that many mexicans that ha ve the money to buy an illegal gun. I think we are being fed a bunch of bullshit numbers to help cover their a--.

12. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

What is really puzzling, is what was their motive in allowing it to happen? Why wasn't the president of Mexico notified of all these guns walking?

13. xb40

xb40 Member

Toolmaker 251, you are kidding about letting the Mexican officals know? That is a good way to waste time and money, and then try to figure out what happened. In order to conduct an investigation you must know who, what, when, where and how. To do this you must enlist the aid of participants, knowingly or otherwise. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This is no different than narcotic smuggling investigations, murder for hire, blackmailing etc. They go bad all the time, but that is not news worthy. The news and anti gun groups use this in furtherance of there cause, the "I told you so". If 2000 guns a day are crossing into Mexico from the US, the Brady backers, and other anti gun groups should be grinning from ear to ear. That is 1,030,000 less guns in the US they have got to worry about, in a few years, they will have to find another dragon to slay. So, the bottom line is, you better be careful what you wish for, you just might get it, and find out the CHANGE was not for the better.

14. xb40

xb40 Member

TinMan, what do you want to goad them into doing? XB

15. Brian in Oregon

221, quote: <i>"Before y'all start throwing rocks.....I totally agree some agents need fried over this.....

The part that keeps haunting me is, why did these dealers, that claim to have known they were breaking the law, continued to do so??

I am a business owner and if some fed or cop agency told me verbally to keep breaking the law so they could make a case....I'd tell them to get F~~~~~d.

Something stinks about this whole deal and it appears everyone is in CYA mode.

Just how stupid are these socalled dealers, anyways?"</i>

Because BATF instructed them to keep selling and told them they'd be jeopardizing an ongoing investigation if they didn't. That brings on a whole 'nuther legal can of worms.

What they should have done is get a lawyer to write a letter to BATF califying what they were instructed in writing.

16. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I say Bulls~~t......Those involved took the money, they broke the law.....there's no agent that can authorize the commission of a felony.

I'll bet that when the truth comes out, those dealers were attempting to cut a deal after they were implicated and the whole deal blew up in their faces.

Honest your honor.....But can we keep all the money???????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.