1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bass Pro Shops / Gun Control

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BrokeTrapDad, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrokeTrapDad

BrokeTrapDad Member

It appears Bass Pro Shops is jumping on the gun control band wagon and they need to start hearing about by us "shooter, hunters, americans" They are now limeting how much ammo, clips/magazines, guns a individual can purchase at a time.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They are also registering ammo sales here in NY, even though that part of the law doesn't go into effect for over a year.

They are taking down name, address, occupation, and make/model/lot number on the ammunition. They are requiring you buy the ammo at the gun counter now, so imagine the line just to buy ammo when they are busy...

So all a criminal has to do is get his hands on that book, and he can go on his own shopping spree.

3. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Skeetman, I was at Gander on Saturday, and heard from another customer they are going to start the ammo recording on Feb 1st. I just don't understand why they would do this until required, which is next year.

I can see some small shops being scared off by the new law and stories flying around, but these are large corporations with legal counsel available. They should know better.

4. 548

548 Guest

This is a major bummer. I have patiently been waiting for the return of the $4.97 Remington Gun Club special with free shipping. Looks like that won't happen. May as well start buying some over priced shot and start loading.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Same thing is happening out here in the PNW! Business owner have finally woken up and are limiting purchases. So everyone can have a chance of purchasing.

Why to much paranoia! and GREED by shooters.

6. JRANDALL1

JRANDALL1 Member

Look at how many customers Bass Pro and Gander Mountain have. Two of the major sporting goods distributors in the USA. They are probably trying to protect themselves. While it is not in effect yet albeit a PITA, would'nt you want to make sure your ducks are in a row? Being the type of retailers they are, they might be trying to develop a system and help to implement it. Contact customer service and ask why they are starting a year ahead of the proposed implementation date.

7. 870

870 Well-Known Member

JRandall:

No I wouldn't spend money and assets on something like this at this point. Any legal requirement is a year away, the State has nothing in place yet, and I'd be considering the chance that some changes will be made to it before it becomes law. I see no business reason to jump in early, not to mention pissing off customers for no reason.

8. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Take 10 or more friends load the shopping carts full with as much mixed ammo then when they start their nonsense just leave and let them go to the hassle of restocking the ammo.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The Bass Pro shop in Des Moines doesn't carry very much for reloading supplys and are very expensive to boot. I will admit that they are good for fishing supplys.

10. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

All the major resellers/distributors are putting limits in place to try to control hoarding and allow everyone to have the opportunity to purchase supplies/ammo.

My last purchase was limited to 8lbs of powder, 5,000 primers. No limit on wads & shot, but several popular choices were out of stock.

SW

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Didn't I warn you guys a few weeks ago it was gonna get ugly? Retailers are rationing so they have something on the shelves to sell. Distributors are completely sold out of many items. Wholesale prices on components have risen around 5% Jan.1st.on most items. Dig deep-it's gonna hurt!!

12. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Back in the 70's and early 80's the local stores in Pike County Mo. that sold guns and ammunition required you to sign name and address for any ammunition that was interchangeable between a handgun or rifle. I remember having to sign for .22 shells especially.

The store I frequented most just had a spiral notebook on the counter that was there whenever they were open. If no one was at the gun counter you grabbed your shells, signed your name and checked out at the cash register. The clerk would always ask ,"Did you sign the book?"

13. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Bass pro shops were always the first to lay down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.