1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bass Pro Shop - No Small Guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Unsingle, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

I have never been to a Bass Pro Shop store, so this weekend I attended the grand opening of the Bass Pro Shop in Kansas City. I was interested in purchasing a handgun similar to a Springfield EMP 9mm, a small 1911 style handgun with a 3 inch barrel. The gun is designed primarily for use as a conceal carry gun.

I asked the clerk if they had any EMPs in stock, and he said no, and he asked if the EMP was a small gun. I said yes, it was for conceal carry. He said sorry, but you are out of luck at the Bass Pro Shop stores. He said the philosophy of Bass Pro was not to carry small handguns. I looked around some more and he was correct, no small handguns in the store. Is this common throughout the Bass Pro stores?

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Isn't that discrimination? Don't small guns have rights too?

3. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Since Bass Pro has decided what guns are acceptable, maybe Jim Zumbo should apply for a jo there.

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Rumor has it that "If it aint WET, we don't have it." We have heard this many times at our local store.

5. fordtech

fordtech TS Member

The old Galyans sporting goods stores that was bought out by Dicks sold handguns.But Dicks biught them,and they don't.

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

I have a "small gun", but sure as hell dont want to get rid of it !

7. Model12

Model12 Member

Not quite true! A Taurus Millenia and a Para Ordinance Warthog are small concealable semi-autos (carried in Orlando) and the store has ordered small Smiths for customers.Check with your local stores and ask the dept. managers. Bob G.

8. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Luckly the Orlando store has great employees to take care of you every need.

9. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

We have shopped at the Bass Pro in Springfield and I don't believe they carry small guns either. We just came from the new store. I really enjoyed being there. They are more of a fishing store WITH hunting equipment and shooting items I think........but their displays are worth going to the stores for! The Salt Water tank was AWESOME. We used to have a salt tank and the $$ it costs for a SMALL saltwater tank fish is high.........but the fish they had there would have been VERY costly. Worth the trip to be sure.

Take a trip and enjoy the scenery. They have great clothing too.

Lorna

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

AFAIK the Bas Pro in Dania Beach Florida has two show cases full of hand guns. Will have to look closer next time I'm there to be certain.

Eric

11. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

I have to tell you I mis spoke in my previous post......my husband tells me the Missouri store ........their home base........DOES carry handguns.....but you can't buy them if you are out of state. My husband also said he saw some at the Bass Pro in Olathe last night.........sorry for the bad info. I didn't see them, but he did.

Lorna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.