1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BASS PRO SHELL PRICES ! ? ! ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Yesterday I got my flyer for the Bass Pro Shops Fall Hunting Spectacular to begin on August 5 at the Springfield,MO store. It is during this sale that I usually buy quite a few flats of Gun Club shells as I hold a BPS credit card. To my dismay I find that the Gun Clubs are listed at $5.49, up from $5.00 last year! They also listed Winchester Super Targets at $6.95! Local Walmarts have been selling them at $5.95 all summer long!
    Are you getting these same prices at your local Bass Pro stores? I think this will end my holding one of their credit cards. Jack

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Not that you reload, but did you happen to look at the price of shot? How long did it take to revive you? Have never seen a bargain in one of those places (or Cabelas or Gander), but maybe I'm always shopping for the wrong stuff.

3. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

$5.49 isn't bad. I don't think we'll see the days of $4.98 shells again anytime soon. Commodities are up and the dollar is toast.

4. Borchardt

Borchardt Member

Cabela's in Gonzales, LA, (just South of Baton Rouge) has Winchester 12 gauge AA's for $10.59 a box. And they built that store with our tax dollars.

5. fcolonna

fcolonna TS Member

"$5.49 isn't bad. I don't think we'll see the days of $4.98 shells again anytime soon. Commodities are up and the dollar is toast."

You will never see them for that price again unless the government cannot defeat deflation which it is trying to do by quantitative easing(QE2)or the printing of money.

No offence but this is inflation as it would be explained to a 10 year old.
    It is an entertaining read.

http://www.constitution.org/tax/us-ic/schiff/moltz.pdf

6. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

Just my 2 cents..... When they set up one of their stores in a new area, they have decent prices for about one and a half years. They also go out of their way to be customer friendly. Then after they run the small dealers out of business, prices go up and they could care less if you are satisfied or happy. I could personally care less if I ever see another large outdoor retail center. My money is with the small independent dealers! I may pay a little more but I feel like I get my monies worth.
    Regards, Joe

7. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Prices have gone up all over. Bargains are a thing of the past. Clyde

8. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

9. K-80BUD

K-80BUD TS Member

Martinpicker, I live in Springfield, Mo. I just bought 10 flats of Estates for $4.95/flat at Consumers Hardware. Call and ask for Gerry Smith (owner). He will order after he has enough preorders to take care of shipping. Bud Wood

10. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have been to Bass Pro shops probably a dozen times in the last 2-3 years.. I bought 2 pair of shoes on a whim,they were nice fit good and I liked them.. as far as other stuff.. I cant affored their shot,shells,guns,boats,fishing sinkers,or catfish bait.. I never see anyone buying shells there..althought they have every type made.. I dont see how they stay in business..

11. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I live in St.Charles Missouri. I went to Grafs Reloading last night but didn't make it before they closed. I have been buying Winchester Super Targets all season long for my son at $54.95 a flat. Since we were right there, we went to the Bass Pro Store at 5th Street and was absolutely shocked that they wanted $79.99 a flat for Super Targets. I told the salesman that they were about $25 higher a flat than Grafs. He said they were going to be on sale this weekend for $69.99. That is still $15 too high.
    The shell house at Sparta had them at $59 for the SCTP Nationals a couple of weeks ago.
    I can not believe that with the number of youth shooters in the St.Louis area that both Bass Pro and Cabela's are not trying to get their business.

12. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

One of the kids from our youth program likes the Remington Gun Clubs. His Dad is getting them at Dick's Sporting Goods for just under $50 a flat.
    This is in the st.Louis area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.