1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bass Fishing at El Salto w/ Joe Thomas w/Pics

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by esetter, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

Joe Thomas the host of Ultimate Match fishing is putting together a group to bass fish on Lake El Salto which is the best bass lake in the world. We have had a couple of cancellations so there are a couple of openings if anyone is interested. I have been there the last three years and it is beyond belief. If you like bass fishing you owe it to yourself to go there at least once. Joe Thomas will be with the group fishing and we have a great group of guys going. Expect to average 75 - 100 bass per day per boat and many of these will be over 5 pounds. Last year our group of 10 caught 9 bass over 10 pounds. This is 3 1/2 days of fishing, pick up at the airport, Guide, all food (which is unbelieveable), lodging, and laundry service. All expenses except your tips and airfare. Price for the trip is $1500 (special group rate arranged by Joe). If interested contact me at esetter5@roadrunner.com and I'll give you all the details. These pictures should give you an idea of the fish we catch there.

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view&current=1a8417b9.jpg" target="_blank"> 1a8417b9.jpg </a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view&current=4db6e6d1.jpg" target="_blank"> 4db6e6d1.jpg </a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view&current=0c5f6531.jpg" target="_blank"> 0c5f6531.jpg </a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/?action=view&current=08c59477.jpg" target="_blank"> 08c59477.jpg </a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/El%20Salto/?action=view&current=0c010b17.jpg" target="_blank"> 0c010b17.jpg </a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/El%20Salto/?action=view&current=0944e7aa.jpg" target="_blank"> 0944e7aa.jpg </a>

2. esetter

esetter Active Member

3. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have bassed fished my whole life.. there isnt a bass big enough in mexico that I would go there and take the risk of having those lawless drug runners machinegun me down... not long ago on falcon lake they killed a young man on a jet ski when he and his wife were out sight seeing.. 2 years ago some of them held up a group of "armed" American dove hunters, robbed and beat them.. one was a texas deptuty sheriff.. machine guns vs. shotguns..?? good luck on your trip..

4. esetter

esetter Active Member

Lake Falcon is on the border and yes there are definitely problems in Mexico and if you don't feel comfortable traveling there you shouldn't. This lake is 2 hours outside Mazatlan in the middle of the mountains and they pick you up when you get off the plane, take you to the lodge, and bring you back to the airport. The lake is not near any large city which is where most problems happen, and you don't see other people on the lake besides a few Tilapia fishermen running their nets. I have been there three times and I can tell you I feel much safer going there than traveling into the downtown areas of most of the major cities in America. If you like to bass fish, enjoy excellent service, and great accomodations, this place is the ultimate.

5. esetter

esetter Active Member

Just a thought, how many tourists get mugged and held at gunpoint in New York City, LA, Chicago, Miami, etc? Far more than in Mexico and we don't bat an eye traveling to these places for vacation. I will tell you from experience you are safer in El Salto than in downtown NY.

6. esetter

esetter Active Member

7. esetter

esetter Active Member

8. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

MEXICO CITY - Mexico opened the new year with what could be its most dubious distinction yet in the 3-year-old battle against drug trafficking - 69 murders in one day.

The country resembled a grim, statistical dart board Saturday as law enforcement and media reported the deaths from various regions, including 26 in the border city of Ciudad Juarez, 13 in and around Mexico City and 10 in the northern city of Chihuahua.

More than 6,500 drug-related killings made 2009 the bloodiest year since President Felipe Calderon declared war on the cartels in late 2006 and deployed 45,000 soldiers to fight organized crime, according to death tallies by San Diego's Trans-Border Institute.

Two weeks into 2010, gang bloodshed is becoming more grotesque as drug lords ramp up their attempts at intimidation. Last week a victim's face was peeled from his skull and sewn onto a soccer ball. On Monday, prosecutors in Culiacan identified the remains of 41-year-old former police officer divided into two separate ice chests.

"You wonder how this will end, and it seems impossible," said Daniel Vega, an architect in the northern city of Monterrey. "I doubt Mexico can override drug use, especially since demand for the drugs, as well as all the money and weapons, come from the United States."

Using their so-called Narcobarometer, researchers at the University of San Diego's Trans-Border Institute track and analyze murders in Mexico, hoping to find ways to quell the violence. Their tally? More than 20,000 murders since 2001, more than half in the past two years.

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"they pick you up when you get off the plane, take you to the lodge, and bring you back to the airport."

This could be the interesting part. ^

10. esetter

esetter Active Member

Thanks guys, hope I can help you out sometime. Have you been to El Salto? Do you know what goes on in this area? Look at the number of people killed in Detroit, New York, or worse yet, Washington D.C. Would you be afraid to go to Washington? No you wouldn't, you would just stay out of the dangerous areas. Same thing here. You don't go where you don't belong.

I've been to El Salto the last three years and we have taken groups there every year. I feel totally safe there or believe me I wouldn't be going. This is not on the border, and not in Mexico City. This is at a lodge in the country in a beautiful area. It is nothing but fun.

Africa has some terrible areas also. More people killed in Africa than any other country that I know of. I'll be going there in July hunting. You just don't go to the bad areas. Same here, you stay out of the places where the drup dealers are. This is not a macho thing, this place is safe or I wouldn't recommend it. If you like bass fishing this will be your favorite trip of all time!

11. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

esetter, Custer thought it was safe also. Good luck. BIG JIM

12. esetter

esetter Active Member

Big Jim, if my memory serves me correct, Custer was killed in the United States. Maybe he should have gone to El Salto and had some fun!

13. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

Just for the record. Custer was killed in Montana at the Little Big Horn June 25, 1876. Montana wasn't a state until November 8th 1889. So, he was killed in wild territory, like Mexico.... LOL, just messing with you... VAYA CON DIOS (GO WITH GOD).......BIG JIM

14. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

BigJim in Bakersfield, I remember stopping for something at a market in Fresno,Calif and almost didn't get out of that shXX hole with my life.

Been to Mexico fishing I think 8 times in the last four years and I can tell you I feel one hell of a lot safer there than in Fresno. Albeit those trips were all to Cabo San Lucas---and you can't be stupid in Mexico. Thing you have to remember is the people there VALUE your presence.

Just be smart and at the least go with an experienced person like Gerry. You will have the best time of your life! Phil S. former Kalifornia resident living in Colorado 21 years.

15. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

That's what I am trying to say. Stay out of shxx holes and you will have fewer problems in life. I have been to Mexico about 15 times over the years. Not in a hurry to go back. Even been on 4 cruises to Mexico. We stayed on the boat rather than go to town on the last two trips. It ain't what it used to be. JIM

16. esetter

esetter Active Member

Well I wasn't there 15 years ago, but I've been there the last three and if it gets any better I will die with a grin on my face. I can't wait to go back and catch 100 bass a day up to 12 pounds.

17. esetter

esetter Active Member

Click on the above link so you can check out Angler's Inn where we stay on El Salto. The first person you see on the video is Joe Thomas. See what you think about the place. We filmed a show there for the Outdoor Channel this past year showing Joe catching I think 8 bass over 8 pounds in 3 1/2 days of fishing.

18. esetter

esetter Active Member

19. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Esetter, if you are in California I can tell you where to fish and it was common to catch 50 or 60 bass a day, largest was only 9 pounds. In one afternoon I caught 5 smallmouth that were over 5 pounds each all on a black buzz bait. I caught most of the largemouth on a pig and jig. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.