1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Basic trap gun info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TACOTIM, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TACOTIM

TACOTIM TS Member

I am new to the sport of trap shooting and would like to become familiar and informed about the various trap guns that are available. I was a FFL holder for many years and am reasonably knowledgeable about shotguns, just not trap guns. I was hoping there could be an outline or possibly a link set to inform people like me new to the sport and shopping for a trap gun. A general type listing of what all the various models of for instance "Perazzi" are. I have found websites that tell the difference of for instance a K-32 and a K-80, but it sure would be nice when I see a gun for sale on this forum to have a quick place to see things like aprox. when the guns were made, the variations explained, are parts available, what are the problem areas to look for etc. With all the knowledgeable contributors on this forum I would think this could be a real possibility. I would appreciate your thoughts and input.

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

THERE is no such place. With that said read,read read all you can get hold of about trap and the answers will emerge.....

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

like bob said, spend the next few days reading every post on this forum. there is a wealth of information here.

check out Trapshooting USA magazine on the web. the old issues are online.

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

You can get everything your asking for if you have the last @0 years of Gun Digest and Shooters bible
    Joe

5. TACOTIM

TACOTIM TS Member

I guess what I was looking for was more a basic explanation of especially the different Perazzi models and also Ljutic's. I know I could read 1000's of pages of forum post and articles, but would like to see a more basic list of dirrences and problem areas etc.

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Lots of Perazzi info at the above website.

7. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Ask a specific question here on TS and a lot of good info will follow. Google a Make/Model and you will usually find plenty of info. For Perazzi info try the following. Marc

http://www.trapshooters.com/perazzi/

8. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

You need to narrow our field of scope. Do you want a trap gun appraisal chronologically, by durability, by price, by esteem, etc. Martinpicker

9. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I was in this same situation when I started. I looked and read and set and listend to the old timers. Everyone will have an opinion to which is best and which is best value for your buck.

2 years later 2BT99s a citori, an XT, Beretta,and a Krieghoff, later I am still in search of the magic gun. Dont get me wrong these were all good guns and I still own 1 BT the Beretta and Krieghoff, just want that 1 that poofs targets no matter where my mind is or whats in my eye.

Trap guns are Trap guns, there is a differance between field guns as far as the stocks shapes and angles, barrel length, and points of impact. Trap guns shoot high. Trap guns are primarily designed to be eligant as well as durable, and highly rebuildable.

They will have gizmos like adjustable comb,adjustable rib,release triggers,recoil systems, and more, all to inhance shooters ability.

I worked in a gunshop for years for a friend and never knew what a trap gun was,never knew about trap either just skeet and notalot bout that. Prices vary from $400 to well the sky is the limit.

This is a good place to read look and learn or go to a big shoot and look at vendors.

Good Luck have fun shoot well shoot often

Jerry Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.