1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bars/ Concealed weapons in TN

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by panthers314, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

TN passes bill to allow Concealed weapons in bars. Booze and guns dont mix....going to give guns another bad rap.............

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

maybe they should do that here. Then the ilegal Mexican crowd will thin out

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

My state allows you to carry in bars, if it was a problem they would ban it. Whats the problem with TN. residents?

4. 50calshooter

50calshooter TS Member

We need that is Kansas Carry Conceal makes a very polite society.

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

This shouldn't be an issue, if you carry, you shouldn't be drinking in the first place.

Jerbear

6. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

It still doesn't allow carry in bars dumbass unless they serve food. The carry law does allow the restaurant owners to post if they don't agree. It plainly states no drinking while carrying. Some folks should know of what they speak before posting their communist ideas in a public forum.

It passed, the governor (dam democrap) vetoed the bill and it was over ridden in the house and senate. Seems our law makers know who they work for. You might try sending your law makers the same message. If you have the intestinal fortitude which I doubt with an anti gun post such as this one.

At least we won't be subject to the likes of the Applebee's case where a gunman mowed down a few folks and all they could do is sit a wait to be shot. If the restaurant posts no guns I have a card I hand to the manager and let them know why I don;t spend money at their place of business. If enough law abiding citizens would stand up for the second amendment we wouldn't have idiots like this controlling our future gun rights. Must be from a communist state that doesn't allow them to carry at all.

The next one is State Parks carry bill that will pass also. Will you be the idiot again posting that we shouldn't carry in state parks? How anti gun people can own shotguns and be such holier than thou but heads is beyond me.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

What part of shall do you not understand???? Dam communist.

7. Trab

Trab TS Member

Heck, shoot'n oil never hurt anybody.

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Delaware - no problem.

Curt

9. Trab

Trab TS Member

CC2000

Would you please explain your last(deleted) comment begging a moderator for assistance?

Shoot'n oil(Shooting oil)from my perspective is a cold one(BEER).

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

it was not towards you, it was about lead man calling him a dumb a ss. I dont agree with that type of post

11. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Sometimes, the word "dumbass" is a compliment.

12. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Birds of a feather there cc. I'd say the same thing in person.

13. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Yes, I'm a Tenn. resident & I carry pretty much all the time, when it comes to going out to eat with family. I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. 4andy10

14. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

This was a much needed bill. Some people foolishly fail to see that the restaurant ban status quo was a de facto ban on carrying period, because most places you go to eat also serve alcohol. I do not drink, but I sure am fearful of getting mugged in certain restaurants' parking lots. If someone tries to rob me coming out of Chili's what am I supposed to do? "Wait a minute, let me get my gun out my locked car, and hopefully it hasn't been stolen, and I'll get back with you in a second!" Would someone please tell me why I can't protect myself going in and out of O'Charley's, Outback, Macaroni Grill, etc. in the same way that I can coming in and out of Mcdonald's and Cracker Barrel?

It was a good bill the governor knew would be overridden. With him being a Democrat, it wasn't exactly bad politics on his part. It would have been political suicide for a Republican, but pretty shrewd for the fairly pro-gun Bredesen. Some people got caught up in the liberal media's "Chicken Little" cries of "guns in bars, guns in bars". Folks, if you are going to rough and tumble beer joints, you have to expect anything anyway. That's why they have bouncers and coolers.

15. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

What the op crawl back in his hole where he belongs?????

16. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Just another little note. There are no bars in Tennessee where they don't serve food. All establishments serving alcohol must have 75% of total reciepts be served food.

And as another aside, The Acoustic Coffeehouse owner had a little piece in the Johnson City newspaper about how he would not allow guns in his establishment.

17. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Guys I was trying to say.............some drunk fool with a gun is going to give us a bad name and do something stupid....press could have a hay day.........i carry myself

18. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Someone could always do something stupid at anytime while carrying. What makes a restaurant carry any different? Alcohol is available at anyone's house or party how many have done stupid things under those circumstances?

19. BigJohn270

BigJohn270 Member

I live in TN as well and think it is a good bill.
    Some people do not need the help of booze to do stupid stuff.
    I would rather carry and at least have a fighting chance if someone did do something as opposed to setting there saying..."HEY you are not supposed th have a gun in here"....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

restaurants in johnson city that allow concealed carry