1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barry "Kingfish" Obama....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sound familiar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huey_Long

Huey Pierce Long, Jr. (August 30, 1893 – September 10, 1935), nicknamed The Kingfish, served as the 40th Governor of Louisiana from 1928–1932 and as a U.S. Senator from 1932 to 1935. A Democrat, he was noted for his radical populist policies. Though a backer of Franklin D. Roosevelt in the 1932 presidential election, Long split with Roosevelt in June 1933 and allegedly planned to mount his own presidential bid for 1936.

Long created the Share Our Wealth program in 1934 with the motto "Every Man a King", proposing new wealth redistribution measures in the form of a net asset tax on corporations and individuals to curb the poverty and homelessness endemic nationwide during the Great Depression. To stimulate the economy, Long advocated federal spending on public works, schools and colleges, and old age pensions. He was an ardent critic of the Federal Reserve System's policies. Charismatic and immensely popular for his programs and willingness to take forceful action, Long was accused by his opponents of dictatorial tendencies for his near-total control of the state government.

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Barry

When you mentioned Kingfish, I thought you were referring to the "Amos And Andy" show.

GneJ

3. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Barry

Me too. That might be where he got the nickname from.

4. trapshootin hippie

Barry

Along with Algonquin J. Calhoun.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Barry

I too, thought you were referring to "Amos and Andy". Ever notice the resemblence Michelle and Sapphire share?

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Barry

Who did Kingfish have for his Attorney General?

7. trapshootin hippie

Barry

Bisi, I was thinking more of Michelle and Aunt Esther.

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Barry

hippie, now that you mention it, Aunt Esther and Michelle could look in the same mirror and they wouldn't know who is whom.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Barry

What a slap in the face to Aunt Esther!! You two should be ashamed of yourselves. lol

10. fri

fri Member

Barry

Brian,
    Long also held at ransom the Standard Oil Company(John Rocefeller)for a deal on revenue sharing on existing and new oil leases in the golf. He was with out a doubt the most outrageous peoples man the nation has ever seen. He knew how to steal from the rich give, to the poor ,and grow his political position at every step. Good comparison but truthfully Barry has no where near the same skills. Ya kind admire Long for his remarkable abilities to extort the system for his personal gain....If it was not so disgusting

Randy Newman immortalized Huey Long in a song off his God old boys CD called King Fish. The whole cd is worth puchasing if you dont have it. Great music

I Enjoy all of your posts Brian...Keep em commin

11. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Barry

My favorite line of all the very funny Amos `n Andy shows was when Algonquin J. Calhoun was defending Andy on a charge of larceny.

He said---Your honor this charge is not true, this man never set a fire in his life!

12. trapshootin hippie

Barry

GM, remember the time that Kingfish took the paper he got in the mail to Algonquin (the lawyer) to get it analized? Ole Algonquin weren't too educated in many ways. At the top of the paper was a word "Subpena." He says, "now we gotta see what that word means. We gotta break it down into pieces and analize it. Now lemme see here, sub means below. LIke a submarine goes below the top of the water, and pena means----------, damn man, they dun got you by the balls."

13. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Barry

And in the immortal words of the inimitable LIGHTNIN', "Feet, why you standin' around lettin' my body get abused 'dis way?"

14. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Barry

The NAACP caused the downfall of the Amos and Andy TV series. They put a bunch of black people out of work. In the same time frame, my mother was in a high management position with the Indiana state welfare system. The NAACP insisted that the number of blacks receiving welfare be tracked. Right after they saw the numbers, they insisted that the state quite listing race.

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Barry

Werent Amos/Andy two white guys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.