1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BARRY BONDS Luuuuuuuuvvv THREAD.......

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by buzzgun, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

OK, I think we've sufficiently beat-up the little girl for the wet spot on the flag...let's turn our attention to someone more deserving.

Let's all go 'round in a circle and tell one thing we LOVE about what BARRY BONDS means for the sport of Baseball.

I'll start......PPHHHHLLLLBBBBTTTTTTT !!!

(This from someone who remembers Hank Aaron...you ain't no Hank Aaron buddy)

Your turn...

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If it wasn't for the "Miracles of Modern Medicine" he couldn't hit the ball out of the infield on the fly ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Barry is maybe one of the best pure hitters ever, but without the "creme" and the "clear" he wouldn't be where he is today....and stuck one back of Hank forever would be sweet!!

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Overpaid POS.

HM

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Baby Bonds, what a piece of crap! I know you can pump iron to make your arms bigger, but can you tell me what weights you pump to make your head twice the size it was 15 years ago?

Roid boy.

6. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

I keep waiting for a pitcher to give Bonds batting helmet a good workout each time he steps to the plate. Sure would hate to be the pitcher that gives up "the one".

PG

7. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Aw, c'mon...I'm not feelin' the LUUVVVVVVV, people!

...Is this some kind of a "race" thing going on here?

8. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

The only difference between him and Roger Clemens is that one hits the ball and the other is throwing it! Yah, I do suspect Roger is/has done the same things as Barry. He has just stayed under the radar. Take a look at their pictures when they both came into MLB and now. And then take a look at their stats. Both will also tell you it is due to age and hard work. With that said, it doesn't diminish their skills. It just puts into question how many strikeouts and wins would Clemens have now "natural" with reduced velocity and how many warning-track flyballs would Bonds have that just cleared the wall to increase his HR's. Is this the Americans Tour-de-France?

9. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

...at least the Tour _wants_ to know the answer to the "testing" question...we Americans don't even want to ask...

10. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

To me it's sort of like sandbagging in a way; no matter what you do to your body or how you manage your average, you still have to hit 'em when the time comes. They say hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports -- I don't know.

But not to worry. There are several younger players who will be knocking on Bonds' door pretty soon. Whatever he does it won't last long and will probably end up being a short postscript in the books. An "interim" record.

JMHO

Steve

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I like his name.

12. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Barry** Who?

Jeff

13. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Hey, I say if Tyra Banks is black, and she can prove she's "real" by getting her t*ts examined by a doctor on live TV, then baseball players can pee in a bottle once a week...

...that would take the "race thing" right out of the question...

14. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

walk him 'til he retires...

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

"Roid Records" should be tossed out, all of them! BB never would get close to Hank Aarons record without special meds! Not even close to the same league as Hank! Hap

16. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

He is a great baseball player- why should he be ashamed? to be slammed by people that couldnt even carry his shoes?

17. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Perspective.

Aaron had 12,364 at bats, Bonds 9,756 and Ruth 8,399. At bat per home run, 16.4, 12.9, and 11.8, respectively. With Aaron's at bats, pro rata, Ruth would have hit 1,051 homers. Bonds would hit 956.

Bonds and Ruth walked a lot. If you add walks back in, as if they never walked, pro rata, Aaron would have 840 homers, Bonds 1064 and Ruth 1170.

Hank Aaron played in 795 more games than Babe Ruth.

Hank Aaron was a great hitter. He had a lot of at bats and played in a bunch of games. Bonds has played longer than prudent, most likely.

Based on these numbers, The Babe was truly remarkable. JMHO.

Danny

18. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually there is more talent now than ever and it is drawn from all over the world

not only are these guys great athletes but the train hard year around

gone are the days of being out till 4 in the morning in bars and with women before a game day

Gene

19. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Gene and dardenelles,

I believe that is true. Players are better today than ever. However, for perspective, it was not the same game.

In 1909, Ty Cobb was determined to show he had the power to hit homers. He swung for the fences and led the major leagues with 9 ("nine") home runs. He won the HR title by two.

I feel the pitchers are much better today than in Cobb's day or Ruth's day. That said, Cobb batted .367 lifetime. When was the last time someone won the batting title with an annual average over .367?

Danny

20. flylta

flylta TS Member

Bonds is a roid wonder and hopefully they walk him or hit him in the knee with a ball and take hhim out.

Aaron's record should stand, Bonds the medical miracle sure doesn't deserve to beat it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.