1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

getting lite hits on my top single barrel, some ftf's but when i put the o/u barrel on i get deep primer hits.what will fix this and how do they do it?big money?

2. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Shells matter.

Are they reloads with Federal hulls and NOT from a MEC machine?

You may have maximum headspace complicated by dished shell heads.

New ejectors will help reduce it some but that isn't the full proper fix.

Make sure the firing pin channel is clean; the accumulate debris which prevents full pin travel. I spray a small shot of oil in it and blow out with air.

regards

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

A little more information would be helpful. What model of gun? What kind of shells,new or reloads,if reloades what loader were they loaded on? What kind of primer?

Ajax

4. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

its a k-32.does not matter,reloads or factory.i use a mec650 when the 366 does not want to work.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Sounds like a headspace problem with the top single barrel. Shotgun shells headspace on the shell rim. Compare how deep the same shell sits in the top single chamber and the O/U top barrel chamber. The deeper it sits the futher the firing pin has to travel to make a good hit on the primer. HMB

6. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

hmb,how do they fix that?

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

They make a ring, machine the chamber so that it is a very tight press fit, then recut the chamber to the proper headspace.

I would suggest talking to Bill Simons

Billscustomrecoilreducers

Al

8. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

going to the grand.hope to get it fixed there.

9. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Actually, the way Krieghoff fixes this is to re-machine the screw slots (trunion slots) on each worn barrel block by boring them oversize at the bottom end of the slots and then fitting a new "sleeve" which is then machined to provide the proper headspace. Then, they are like new. Before doing all that, however, they check for wear on the two trunion screws. If they show wear, then they are replaced before the screw slots are re-machined.

A less expensive way to go (and Krieghoff will do this for you) is to have them install oversized trunion screws. This, however, eliminates any opportunity to fit multiple barrels to your gun - unless you bore the slots on a new or unworn, barrel being fit. I don't like that.....

My 32 was quite worn after 250,000+ rounds and they never mentioned anything about chamber rings or messing with the chambers in any way. It happened to be a 4-barrel skeet set and they rebuilt all screw slots in all four barrels. Gun is tight; latch is well to the right - like a new K-80.

Mike