1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

barrel wt for 870???

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by mike T, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike T

mike T Member

0   0   0

Where can I find barrel or magazine tube wt for an 870. It is just too light kicks a lot more than my 10 lb 682 use to.
    Thanks
    mike t

2. nglitz

nglitz Active Member

0   0   0

ebay. A steel or brass rod under the magazine cap. Or, one sticking out in front of the cap if you don't want to remove the magazine spring retainer.

Norm

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

There are two options that I've used. My 870TCs seem light out front compared to my 870 Competitions so I use a Dead Mule recoil reducer bolted to the magazine cap on one and a weighted magazine cap on the other.

[​IMG]

Both are effective and while the Dead Mule doesn't add as much weight as the weighted cap, it does seem to dampen the recoil somewhat.

Ed

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The Remington weight works. The Gun Parts Company has them for $21.05

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.