1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

barrel work on 90-t

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by clayshooter100, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clayshooter100

clayshooter100 Member

wanted to know about barrel work on a 90-t, looking to have barrel opened up to 750 bore might also have chokes installed

2. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

clayshooter I had a mx2005 done by Kerry Allor and it needed alot of work to straighten there factory screw up and he did a fantastic job I would reccomend him to anyone. # 810-326-3943 this is his number.

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Might I ask why you want 750 bore and more importantly why you want tubes?! Tom Rhoads

4. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I had Tom Wilkinson rework my 90T, he bored it slightly to .743,it was .741 and opened up the choke from .041 to .034. I told him I wanted a 27 yard gun,that said I shot my other 90T part of this year and I seemed to shoot 16's a lot better and after taking a reduction to the 24 made it back to the 26.5. The 90T I am now shooting has a .735 bore and I have good luck shooting a .018 for 16's and a .028 for handicap. I think I might have Wilkinson put choke-tubes in the gun he did for me. I guess you have to decide if your a solid 27 yard shooter or like the rest of us and could use a little less choke. John Moore

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

clayshooter100,

Are you shooting a low-rib or HPAR? The reason why I ask is a lot of the low-rib 90T's have bores in them from .745 to .755. The HPAR's have a nominal bore size of .736 as mandated by Remington.

I would do some talking with Doug Braker ("GunDr", guru of all things 90T) before going ahead with any of the mods you're talking about. He will know of any pitfalls that can occure.

As far as choke tubes, I don't know. I've seen a few 90T's that have been tubed and they didn't pattern as well as they did with factory fixed choke. I did however own a 90T HPAR that had been sent back to Kolar and tubed. This gun would crush targets from the 16yd line with a .018 choke and I used .028 for everything else. It had another tube that was .038 but I never used it as the .028 tube was gods plenty.

The last thing to consider is resale value. Doing the kind of mods you're talking about will definitely affect the value of the gun, and not necessarily for the better.

ec90t

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

7. clayshooter100

clayshooter100 Member

the reason I would like to open the bore is the gun will only be used for annie oakly,s or killers what ever you call them in your area. I like a lot of choke for those long 90 yard 5th shots . I also shoot a fairly heavy load ie speed just looking for a tight pattern at long range

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.