1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel work needed. On a Browning 425 sporter

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeetiee, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

I just purchased a very nice Browning 425 sporter with 32" pipes. I would like to have the center piece of metal removed from the set of barrels. I am not sure what you call thew piece i am talking about, but it is the piece of metal that is soldered to the top and bottom barrel and runs the length of the barrel. I assume it is just silver soldered on. The reason i would like to have it removed is for the weight i can loose. I like 32" barrels but on the older Brownings they are pretty heavy. Can this be done? and who cn do it? and if it cannot be removed what about having the center strap lasered or milled out like some of the newer browning are. I think this would remove a few onces anyway. Plus I love the way a krieghoff looks with the open barrels!!! I hope i have explained myself ok! thanks Lee

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

This gun is best left alone. Simply for reasons of liability, I don't know of anyone who might do this. You will only lose a couple of ounces. The 32" 425's were ponderous.

If you want a lighter gun, look at the Cynergy series. These are fantastic guns for the money and handle very well.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Skeetie,

Maybe Mike (PerazziBigBore) will respond to this question. I know he just had a set of Perazzi barrels done by Jacquimo (Sp). If anyone has the answer to your question it would be him.

ec90t

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Call Stu Wright @ 618-357-8933. He'll know if it's feasible or not.

Ken Rucker

5. mirage1

mirage1 Member

Art's is the browning guy-if he can't do it I doubt anyone can.

Joe

6. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

shooting coach, what do you mean by ponderous? I wonder why browning no longer makes there shotguns with this solid strap between the barrels any more. All my other Brownings are milled every so often down the strap. Is this to allow better cooling of the barrels, or less wind drag, or just for looks? Thanks Lee

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

He does not wear a watch but i suppose he could shave his left arm. He is a pretty hairy guy.

8. skeetiee

skeetiee Member

I tried the saving thing, and believe it or not it works!

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Skeetie

The newer barrels being vented for whatever reason, it looks good, and reduces weight a little.

I had a 32" 425 years ago and considered it too front end heavy. Ponderous, as in sluggish off the line and ungainly.

The 32" Cynergy is a whole different critter. If you get a chance, shoot one.

10. claybuster38

claybuster38 Member

It would probably be cheaper to start from scratch and build custom. rather than to re do and clean up the silver solder. Stan Baker usto build singles for broadways. maybe his grandson can do it. Marv White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.