1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel Weights for XT Unsingle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StonewallRacing, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

My son came off the line tonight after shooting in his High School Conference meet and he said, "Dad my new XT is too whippy, I think my old BT-99 had more barrel weight. I am swinging right through the birds."

So my questions is... what is the best kind of barrel weight for an unsingle and how much weight do you start with?

SW

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

IIRC the size, a 5/8" reducer, or two, can be put in the Unsingle's barrel stub. I have two reducers in the barrel and one in the stock. The weight distribution in these guns can be VERY finely tuned.

Most folks think it is heavy, but I am not most folks. LOL It is extremely nimble on the 16 and at Caps, and shooting the back fence load all day is no problem.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Please check out my website above for barrel weights.

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I thought I might get more response that this.... I guess I should have put "Liberal" in my heading!

LoL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.