1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel Weight for a Kolar?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Cedar Valley, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cedar Valley

Cedar Valley TS Member

I purchased a Kolar Skeet set. Fabulous gun. However, I needed to have the toe kicked out a bit more and had Mark DePrez (Rochester NY) put a Jones adjuster plate on it. Mark does wonderful work BTW.

The gun fits perfectly now, however, the added weight in the butt has thrown the balance out. I think I read on here about changing the chokes to the older heavier style, however, the folks at Kolar have told me that with my barrels (750 bore) that the chokes are all the same weight.

Kolar have told me that they can make me a "between the barrel" weight that would fit under the forestock for about $200.00. The money isn't the issue, but it would require me sending the barrels down and back. Complicating the matter is that I am from Canada and although it isn't a registration issue, it is a big hassle.

Do any of you fine TS.com folks have any suggestions (and not about giving up skeet, or changing my wardrobe, thank you very much. My brother Bill gives me enough of that).

Regards,

Steve Malcolm

2. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Seems to me that Briley has a barrel weight. Regards, Bob

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

My 32" fixed choke flat rib Sporter barrels with .750 bores weigh 1.68kg.

The whole gun weighs 9# & 2 oz with the Tom Smith English walnut wood. The Kolars will feel a lot more light in the front than the K-80s and P-guns because the action is so heavy.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

i can make you a set of brass weights that go under the forend and will add 4.25 oz to the barrels. These are a similar profile, and exactly the same weight as the under-the-forend weights made by briley. The weight above will have to go in front of your forend, and will add 11oz of weight FYI (good price though).

Price will be $50 shipped.

I have a set of bbls I can fit them to (my own) so that isn't an issue.

5. Cedar Valley

Cedar Valley TS Member

Thanks for the input folks. I was hoping to have something that would fit under the forestock.

Ian, I have sent you a personal e-mail.

Regards,

Steve Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar barrel weight for sale

kolar barrel weights

shotgun barrel weights kolar
weights for kolar