1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel Terminolgy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goatskin, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

It is for skeet. Matched-weight tubes fit into a non-shootable (too thin) 12ga barrel that 'carries' the tubes.

Your 12ga, and all the subgauges weigh and balance the same.

Bob

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

TL. A Carrier bbl is on that you insert different gauge tubess into

usually th carrier bbl weighs the same as the 12 ga bbl when the 410 or 28 or 20 ga tubes are inserted. Krieghoff, Perazzi, Zoli... they all make them for the skeet shooterss andthe SC guys and gals

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

T. Briley and Kolar can make you tubes for that MX3.The only difference is that the weight will be more. But not a lot.

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

There's this too: Often a decent set of tubes designed to simply go into the 12 GA barrel will seem to have different weights depending on which tube is installed, HOWEVER , if you do your weighing with the tube installed AND the appropriate size shells, suddenly the weight evens out as being no or very little difference than the original 12 ga barrel also with shells installed. Thus, gun feels the same weight and balance to the shooter from one gauge to another.........breakemall

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

One other handy term....Muzzle= end of barrel you should never be on when your wife is mad at you

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Zard, I had Phil Crenwelge weld up the barrel lugs on my MX-3 for both the O/U and Single barrels to be at the shallower angle that Gun Dr. Doug Braker recommends. My top lever never moves. Out of curiosity how does Dan Bonillas keep his from opening up ??

7. Randy Long

Randy Long TS Member

Zard

I may be looking to sell my 30 inch 3 special barrels RB08 called me this morning he picked something up at the grand that I may not be able to live without.