1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

barrel selecton??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g-unit, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g-unit

g-unit TS Member

I am just starting out in trap....what is the best barrel to use a 30" or a 32" or a 34" ???

Thanks
    Mark

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

The bottom line is that you shoot what ever feels the best for your game and shooting style. Try them all yourself and buy the one that "feels" and "fits" the best. You will probably buy and sell many guns in the next few years.

Generally, skeet shooters like shorter barrels, sporting and trap prefer longer barrels. If you have good upper body strength, you can shoot longer barrels. Bill Malcolm

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Start with a 30. The longer ones are a little tougher to master. IMHO. The longer ones are quieter, however. All relative.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

This depends on your body strength, size, etc. I would also start with the 30" gun, unless you are petite, elderly or female.

The longer barreled guns have their place, but are generally too portly for beginners.

When you start this game, the gun needs to feel good in your hands, not like a truck axle (nickname for my 32" Browning Trap gun).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.