1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel rings

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsrailroad, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

I remember some time ago about looking down the barrel and seeing the rings and something about poi? Done a search didn't see it, any help?
    Thanks
    Railroad

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If the rings are concentric the barrel is straight. POI depends on the barrel rib and sights. HMB

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Take an empty 20 ga hull, cut most of the plastic off, punch out the primer and then stuff it into the choke of your gun. Yo umay have to put a layer of scotch tape on it in order to snug it a touch. Then look thru th ebbl at the breech end as the bbl is pointed twoard a window or other bright-ish area. You will "concentric rings" (if you are lucky). If the 4 or 5 rings you see are not concentric, then take it out and whack it against a tree a couple of times till it is. The item I refer to is called (at least I do) Seehase Peeps.

You guys recall the Seehase Brochure I posted about a year ago? I cna do that again if there is interest.

4. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Thanks What I was looking for.
    Railroad

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Or...you could just pattern the damn gun.

If you do the hokey cut-shell crap, you're still going to have to confirm your findings by shooting a pattern, before you start whacking on your valuable barrel - so why not just go straight to the pattern board to begin with?

Neil - please remit my tech support payment to Sandip Shotgun Consultants, LLC. Thanks.

6. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

Use a 20 ga. at the muzzle and a 12 gauge in the chamber. Punch the anvil and the cap out of each and leave the primer case intact. Use them before you buy the gun. Low appearing rings may be the fault of a loose fit. Its a beginning, not an end . D Winter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.