1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BARREL REST, TOE PAD

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smoker, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoker

smoker Member

Can someone help me find a barrel rest, toe protector, that will work with pull on boots? I can find the shoe lace type but none for pull on's. Thanks, smoker. Please use e-mail.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Use the one advertized in trap & field by Foxy Culpepper. That way you won't be pointing your gun muzzle at your foot.

Foam pad with a magnet so you can move it from station to station.

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Smoker.You will find what you are looking for at battenfieldsportinggoods.com....Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

a boy at my club had the gun go off while using one of those pads. luckily the shot went between his big and second toe (still very painful) be careful.

5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Fearless, that was kinda a dumbass thing to do, donchathink? What was he doing with a loaded gun, ready to fire, resting on his toe? Bet he learned something.

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Fearless, seems impossible that a person wearing shoes could have enough space between his large and second toe for a 12ga charge to pass between.
    Did you make that up?

7. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Most guys I know who wear pull-on boots don't bother with sissy "toe pads".

:)

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

loaded gun, action closed, finger on the trigger, whats wrong with this picture? Where was club management? Where was his squadmates? Where is the truth in that story?

9. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

it ia a true story. the shot went between his toes and did did considerable damage, however the toe was not lost. the gun in question was a remington 1100 and as far as squad mates, club manager, etc. i don't know, but accidents do happen. the shooter was a teenager and his father was a member of my club.

10. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

it ia a true story. the shot went between his toes and did did considerable damage, however the toe was not lost. the gun in question was a remington 1100 and as far as squad mates, club manager, etc. i don't know, but accidents do happen. the shooter was a teenager and his father was a member of my club.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am confused about the post by fearlessfain. At the most, one would have something like 1/16 inch between the big toe and the second toe. In many people, these two toes actually touch. Also, if a 12 ga barrel could be forced between these two toes (that would hurt and possibly cause a fracture) and fired, the rebounding shot would remove much of the foot.

I have great difficulty in accepting this story as presented.

When I rest my gun on a toe pad, it is loaded but the action is not closed.

Pat Ireland

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

Maybe fearlessfain is from an area of Sasquatchian shooters with great big feat and very wide spread toes???

I knew a girl who came from the Sasquatchian line of people and I can tell ya this ... they gots some huge feet!!!

13. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

I don't know where Fearlessfain is from, but here in Ohio a teenage boy shot his toe off in the same manner. I don't know if this is the same incident but I personally know the boy who shot his toe off. The incident I'm speaking about happened 2 or 3 years ago maybe 4. The boy is about 19 now. If it is the same incident it is a true story . He shot his little toe off. (is the story told to me). I shot at the same club with that teenager about 2weeks ago. If it is the same incident, Pat Ireland, it is true.....Hard to imagine, but true.. Philly D

14. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

This is what Battenfields has $12.95. But be careful you have to have more brains than the device you are using. As you have read there are all kinds in this wide wonderful world of trap.

Rock

Jim

15. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I think I might know of the incident that fearless was describing. If it is the same one, it is true. What wasn't stated was that the shooter was shooting 5-stand and was standing on an elevated (a few inches) wooden shooting platform. The ground/platform absorbed much of the energy as I understand it (I wasn't there).

Scott

16. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Looks like an interesting contraption. Has anyone used this? I like to wear my boots, but don't want to rest my shotgun on them.

17. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

That contraption looks like the chastity belt I got from the vet to fit my Chihuaha.

18. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Yvonne....Yes, I have used one in the past. They work very well....Dan Thome (Trap2)

19. guncase

guncase TS Member

THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT THE HARNESS IS 12.95 AND THE PAD IT 10 ,, I HAVE THE SAME THING FOR SALE,, IF THEY ARE 1295,, I WILL JUST START BUYING MINE FROM THEM??

20. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I believe the NSSF SCTP program prohibits shooters from resting a gun on their feet. Regardless if loaded or not. Very good rule. Accidents do happen.

I had a very good friend shoot his foot with a .308 Norma Mag.. Shot went between toes, but still broke several bones. He was laid up for 6 months or more. And he was the most careful person I know when handling a gun.

As to fearless's comments. I believe as many do. There would be more than minimal damage if this was true. - Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do barrel rest for shotgun work

magnet for shotgun barrel protector

barrel toe rest

browning trap shooters toe rest

leather shotgun barrel rest pad

shotgun barrel rest toe pad

trap resting pad for gun barrel

trap shooting toe pad