1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel of Reclaimed from Lead Miner

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by One Eyed Left Handed, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Took delivery at the Franklin County Sportsmans Club in Central Ky yesterday. Terry has the best reclaimed product I've seen or used.

Saved our shooters $13.00 a bag over new shot purchased at the best local prices. Was also conveniently delivered to our club. With around 6 guys helping, we had it scooped, weighed and unloaded in just over an hour.

This is something to help alleviate high shooting costs. Saves me $9.15 a flat and I can tell no difference from new shot anywhere on the concrete.

Terry and his wife were nice folks and pleasant to deal with. Easy transaction and the product was just as good as the sample box he sent us!

Pretty sure we'll need another barrel this summer!

2. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Have you had any trouble with # 9 shot in the mix? Some reclaimed is from skeet fields? Not too great for trap.
    Clyde

3. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

I only use number 9 shot for 16 yard singles. Have several 100 straights. When I miss, and that is quite often, it is me and not the shot.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Clyde----Your right but I use reclaim and when you examine the shot I notice that many BBs are deformed to look like 1/2 # 8s---That mkaes them smaller than # 9 shot but I still break tgt's---It's a practice load for me---If I miss,so be it----I wouldn't use reclaim for compition----Reclaim just helps with the cost bottom line in my opinion----George@SJB

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

6. One Eyed Left Handed

1oldtimer, this load was from Aberdeen, S.D. according to Terry. Looks to be better than 60% plus 7 1/2's, rest 8's. Didn't do this scientifically, just eyeballing it.

I'm sure there are a few 9's but very few.

7. One Eyed Left Handed

I also agree with Harvey Lekvold on the 9's. Matter of fact, I've broken good scores shooting sand eye gravel on singles. Just to prove it could be done because we always used it on the farm for sparrows, starlings, blackbirds in the barn.

Just distributed the last of 3200 lbs. at our club tonight. I broke a 97 Saturday at our club with it shooting registered singles and the three I missed were all my fault.

For the purists, hardly anything will hurt your high dollar toys barrel if its in a plastic wad. I don't hesitate using it in my Browning, or three K-guns.

8. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I hope you Kentucky men enjoy that lead. Nancy and I appreciate the cooperative help weighing it all out. We love your location and that clubhouse is way cool. I hope to deliver to you again in the near future. Thanks. Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.