1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel length and choke tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BDodd, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Much to agree with in you 2nd paragrph, Joe. My personal opinion is that shooters can get used to any gun and make it work well but we all want it to be now not 10,000 shots later. Leo Harrison is a perfect example of a fellow that can get used to any gun in a hurry. The best argument for longer barrel lengths in my opinion is for the balance that short, medium, or long barrels may provide. But I think most of us know folks that seem able to pick up any gun and make it break a lot of targets even if he/she prefers a different one.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

2. woodsman

woodsman TS Member

For some manufactures there is only 16 thousandths difference between constriction of modified to full choke. While a small variance in size to measure, on some guns can have a big impact to the size of the core used to break targets.

Looking at the core pattern you should use the choke that puts as many holes in the 30 inch circle at the distance you would break the target. If that is the modified tube or the full choke tube for your gun wont matter. Like tmb99 said the results are all that will matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.