1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

barrel length 30

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

I am getting ready to purchase a trap over/under shotgun. The shotgun is offered in either the 30" barrel or 32" barrel. What are some of the factors that I should consider when choosing between the two?

JMAC

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Sporting and Trap = 32"

Skeet/Birds/etc = 30"

Pick on what it will be used for.

3. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Its all in what YOU are comfortable with. I shoot a 32 because it is a little heavier and I swing it better. BUT my 32 Beretta is a pound lighter than my 32 SKB and I have found my self swinging too fast with the Beretta. I have to tell myself to slow down.

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Resale on the 32" will be hundreds of dollars better. Nobody ever sticks with the same trap gun. Mark

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If you buy a 32", and its too long, you will be able to find someone to swap you, and maybe put some money in your pocket as well. If you buy 30", and its too short, you will need to buy a new barrel, since it will be MUCH harder to find someone to trade with you.

6. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

I prefer 30" O/U barrels for singles, but 32" O/U for doubles. Some of the long toms get a little front heavy, especially ones with choke tubes. Remember the idea behind top singles, unsingles, midsingles is to get the weight off the front end; faster response, faster correction.

I would recommend the 30" barrels, as you can add extended choke tubes for more weight out front.

Much depends on your size, strength, style, wallet. Always test drive. Regards, GAP

7. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

the longer barrels have better resale in any trap gun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.