1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel lenght question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bbuster, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bbuster

Bbuster TS Member

I not an ATA shooter but may shoot some registered targets at some point. I was wondering if it is legal to add an extended choke to a 34" barrel.

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

3. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

Barrel lenght in the ATA. The sky is the limit. At one time there was a gentleman who shot an 870 at the grand. The barrel lenght was 60". There was a picture of the gun in Shotgun Sports. So I guess it's whatever you can hold up.

George Ware

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

George- He later switched to a custom 60 inch Ljutic. He was a fine shot and a very nice person. Have not seen him for a couple of years.

Pat Ireland

5. incognito

incognito TS Member

I wish they made a trap gun with a 40" barrel. When I went from 28" to 34" my scores improved by about 10%. I'm now averaging around 94% at the 16 yard line. If I could get a 40" barrel I'm sure my scores would go up another 10%. I'd be breaking more targets than I shoot at!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.