1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel interchangeability?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

On which brands/models of guns can you change barrels without special fitting?

I often see barrels for sale and wonder how much is involved in making them work.

Larry

2. Raystownbob

Raystownbob Active Member

Barrels can be interchanged without fitting on the Blaser. I bought a set of 20 ga. barrels and they will fit on my 12 ga. Sporting F3 and also my Super Sport F3. I can also switch the 12 ga. barrels on them.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

There is very little fitting with most krieghoff barrels. At least with the K's that I have owned. Bulge.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Bulge is right---I have 2 un-sgls-- O/U---Top-sgl--- and 2 K-gun receivers and all fit perfect to each receiver----Those bbls will last a lifetime with care.
    I also have 4 superposed and each bbl is only for each receiver----So it's the gun your dealing with---You have to figure it out with each gun----

George@SJB

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

My bought used barrels for his K80, and they required extensive refitting by Krieghoff @ the World in 2010.

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Something wrong with that receiver skeetman---Mine matched up with no problem.Had them all fitted by Allem guns---No problem
    The nice thing tho is that it was possible to fit them---Wish I could do that with some of my other guns---Each gun has it's own fingerprint----Just saying--

SJB

7. steveziv

steveziv Member

If its a Beretta what's involved is a fitting by Cole's in ME for around $125 plus shipping.

Valmets are interchangeable. You can shoot various gauges and rifle calibers with one receiver.

8. redfin

redfin TS Member

i just fitted a new trap barrel to my skeet 682 gold E ,a simple mod to the ejectors, and its ready to go. its good being a machinist. joseph

9. Mongoose71

Mongoose71 Member

Blasers are designed to interchange barrels and stocks without any fitting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.