1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel Hanger - what have I done

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I did some searching on the web but not sure I found my answer. I had a #5 barrel hanger on my K80 with 30" inch barrels. The barrel hanger had a little discoloration that had always bugged me and I found a #4 on eBay for $30. What affect will the different barrel have on point of impact on the lower barrel ? My goal is to make the lower barrel shoot the same POI as the upper barrel.

Thanks in advance.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

App. 3" higher!!

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

App. 3" higher!!

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It will raise the POI of the lower barrel about 4 inches. HMB

5. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Usually it would raise the point of impact about 3 -4".

But you will need to pattern the barrels to know if they shoot in the same place.

The center hanger is not replaceable but changes the POI more the the front hanger.

Shoot it 3 shots per bbl , from a bench then you'll know where the gun shoots with O/U.

Barry Kemper

6. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Lower the number, the higher the poi of bottom barrel. Each change in hanger, raises/lowers to 2" to 2.5" each time. Go to the test pattern board too.

7. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Plus the center hanger doesn't pull top bbl down like the hangers over a 3 do.

8. kyskeet

kyskeet Member

Per krieghoff web sight, 1 number lower will raise POI of the lower barrel 2" to 2.5". Also be aware there are hangers for choke tube barrels and ones for fixed choke barrels.

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You will have to try different hangars to achive what you want, all Kreighoffs Bbls shoot differently depends if the center hangar has been changed.

GB
    DLS

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

good luck on getting the lower bbl to shoot the same place as the top bbl. I tried for years to fiddle my 32 around and could never get them the same.

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Easy to do. Each number difference on the hangers is AROUND 10%. The higher the number, the lower the bottom barrel will shoot. Not exact, but very close.

Loosen the center hanger before replacing front hangers.

If you have an adj comb or rib, set the gun to shoot the top barrel where you want, then use the front hanger to dial in the bottom barrel.

Braxton at Krieghoff Intl' will usually send you a hanger if you send in yours. Call him. He is the Gold Standard of Customer Service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.