1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel for pre '67 Remington Model 1100 20 ga

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by varmit01, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varmit01

varmit01 TS Member

0   0   0

Barrel for pre

I am looking for a different barrel for my older Remington Model 1100 20 ga. Apparently, and anyone that knows more is welcome to comment; the guns changed in the mid to late sixties and the newer barrels will not fit the older guns. I have contacted Remington and while they were very helpful and polite, they do not make replacement barrels for the older guns. I mainly hunt Chukar and Quail and the barrel I have is a 28" full choke. If someone knows where I can find a 26" or 28" IC or Modified barrel that will fit my gun I would appreciate the information. This is my last attempt before going out and getting a new gun with changeable choke tubes. I know I can have my barrel worked on, but this has been my main shotgun for over 45 years and I hate to modify it. The newer guns are sure nice; but if I can make this gun more suited to what I am currently hunting I would rather keep it in the field with me until we both quit working. Thanks to anyone helping.
    Bob S.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

If your gun has an "X" or "N" suffix in the serial number, you have the pre-76 model, based on the 12 ga frame. Look at Corson Barrels.

3. varmit01

varmit01 TS Member

0   0   0

Thank You, my serial number ends in X and I have already checked their site and they have barrels in stock. I guess over the years 76 has become 67 in my mind. Again, thank you for the help!! Bob S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.