1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel for KS 5 Special

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cueguy, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cueguy

cueguy Member

The barrel on my KS 5 Special bit the dust. Not sure of what type of obstruction caused it. Sent the gun back to K and they said barrels are no longer available for that gun. Thought that was strange, but so be it. Can a K 80 barrel be fitted to it? A KX barrel? I would probably put an O/U barrel on it with ct's. Money is an issue at this time, but at sometime in the future I would like to fix this gun. Any ideas? Nubs Wagner

2. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

As far as what can be fit to it I am not sure, but with it being a "Mid rib" gun it can never be made a double barrel. It only has the one firing pin in the center of the receiver. They sold a lot of KS and KX guns so there might be a barrel out there somewhere. Hope this helped a little. Sorry about your gun though.

Jimmy

3. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

There was a barrel failure post a few months ago where the people thought that the choke was loose and the gasses got between the choke and the barrel. Wonder if you chould post a picture? Joe

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

You won't get a O/U Bbl for it anyplace.!!! Thyere are few extra Bbls out there.

Does anyone have an extra KS or KX Adj. rib Bbl?????

If so contact the poster.

GB
    DLS

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Banned User Banned

How much of it failed? Cut it back to a 32", and a little work may salvage it. If it is the tube area.

6. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Call Briley and ask if they can re-tube the mono block.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.