1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

barrel fitting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by redfin, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfin

redfin TS Member

i would like to get a trap barrel to put on my 682 gold E skeet beretta,
    if the barrel fits into the reciever,closes,and the fore end fits,the triggers fire,etc,great.if one of these things dosent happen,what does a gunsmith do to fit a barrel? now i am a machinist with 37 years in the trade and i do all my own repair work. so i am thinkin i will just get the barrel and take it to work and have some fun with it! any thoughts? good idea or bad?

2. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

I too would love to know what's involved here as I'm about to get a single barrel for my Guerini Summit Impact.

I really don't want to send it back to the factory for what I would think is a very simple job... but I've been told Guerini won't sell a barrel without having a factory tech (or I would think a factory certified smith) do the work.

What else controls the fit here other than the pivot pin and the 'width' of the barrel block in the receiver?

Mark T

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

There's more it than just hanging it all together, no doubt you guys have great hands and tons of talent, but like anything there's learned magic getting the ejectors in time along with cocking rods not over or under cocking the hammers, getting just right the clearance between the breech face the fences and barrels. After watching Lucio at Perazzi USA for hours on end, I've come to appreciate the term master gunsmith.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.