1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel fitting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pjb1, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjb1

pjb1 TS Member

Recently bought an O/U barrel from Etchen for my 682. Does anyone know a good gunsmith/barrel guy in Wisconsin that could fit them properly? Etchen will do it but I would prefer not to have to ship. Thanks. Pat

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Let the expert do it...It's in your best interest..

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

It is not rocket science and most dependable smiths can get it done very quickly. It involves several things to check and the ejectors will need timed as well. Should be a very simple process for someone in the know. There are some good gunsmiths in Wisonsin aren't there?

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I would think fitting could be free from Joel if you bought the barrels from him.. The cost of shipping will be less than a gunsmith would charge for the same job..

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Gunsmith, Dennis Potter. Look him up on the internet. He has been a long time gunsmith, friend, that works out of the Boxhorn gun club in Muskego Wisconsin. ph# 1/414/425/4830.

Steve Balistreri

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Phil crenwelge winters in So. Wisc.

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Does Phil do work where he winters in Wisconsin? If so haw about a contact number there? Thanks

8. skeezix

skeezix Member

I'd suggest that if you bought the bbls from Etchen - you have them fit them if they will do that service. If there are any issues, you only have one outfit to talk to about resolution.

john

9. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

In California, Bolsa Gunsmithing in Westminster is the US factory authorized reps....they do excellent and fast work...LarryB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.