1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

barrel fit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jgb, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgb

jgb Member

I just purchased a 682 gold X with single top barrel and I have a 686 white onyx sporting and the barrels from the 686 fit the 682 perfectly. Can someone tell me if I can use the optima barrels from my 686 on the 682 and still use them on the 686. I have read and been told by Beretta that the barrels must be fitted. thanks for any help

2. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Beretta was one of the first manufacturers to totally commit to technology,
    CNC machining, laser guiding and so on. So most late model production guns will inter change barrels, receivers and forearms. But just because a barrel will go on another receiver and the forearm locks doesn't mean it fits. To you or me, it may look like it fits, but it takes trained eye to confirm it is.

I swapped barrels from a 682 to another 682 only to find the ejectors would not eject. I took both guns to a Beretta authorized repair center and the smith explained the ejectors were put out of time when I exchanged barrels. he explained I was doing harm buy trying shoot it. After hand fittig on both receivers and barrels, both barrels would interchange.

I would suggest taking your guns to a smith and have him check them out.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.