1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel Extensions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I was browsing around the Briley site and I noticed barrel extensions, 4 inch and 6 inch. Link above. Would someone with experience with these tubes care to comment on them? They seem like a reasonable way to improve swing of a gun with a shorter barrel. Far less costly than a new barrel or gun. There have to be some significant downsides. Right?

Larry Frieders

2. englishupland

englishupland Member

I'd like to hear more about this as well

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The game of trapshooting is one of precise pointing and not "swinging" a shotgun! Using a pre-mounted gun and a locked upper body with the gun, how can there be such a difference in a couple inches of barrel length??

There's many mystical myths surrounding trapshooting, some by shooters themselves, others via gun scribes and manufacturers too by embellishing word terms. Mid-beads, perfect balance and barrel lengths are but a few!

I do want my hunting gun balanced for ease of carrying with one hand and throwing it up to the shooting position between both hands! The heavier the brush I'm hunting in, the shorter the barrel I want.

Worrying about such things with a pre-mounted trapgun is a waste of valuable learning time for breaking consistent scores. Your time would be better spent learning how to lock yourself to your gun and use the body to make your shots! That method is much more precise than arm swinging a shotgun for trap!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

briley barrel extension