1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel Dimensions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Anyone understand the barrel dimensions. I.D. .735/ .740 / .750
    What where the Stan Baker barrel dimensions. These large barrel dimensions use to be fussy on certain ammo.!!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Joe, I have a friend in Alberta who patterned his Baker Big Bore in the dead of winter. He said the pattern would not fit on the side of a boxcar and sold the gun. The .740 and .750 seem fairly standard for Kolar but I don't know anything from practical experience just what I read on TS.com. Wads that provide a good seal in cold weather sounds like an issue for the bigger boresize. The Technoid says that boresize is not a factor in the math formula for "free recoil".

3. suptlloyd

suptlloyd Member

I have an 11-87 Baker barrel that is stamped "BB 84"
    It had 5 chokes with it but I have lost them, somehow. The one in the gun is ".760"
    Is that a modified??? Guess I will have to try to find some other chokes for it.
    Mated with a new Premier receiver and a Timney stainless trigger, it seems to
    shoot well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.