1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barrel blueing- Phila. area

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mis-some, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mis-some

mis-some TS Member

I like my barrel re-blued over the winter. Don't know of anyone in the Phila. area....help please

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Not sure what gun you are doing, or how 'great' a job you are after...

Woodcock Hill (Benton, PA) has a smith's shop that can do the old English bluing that gives incredible colors. NOTE - you get what you pay for. This is more in line with an old SxS.

If you want to try a less expensive/more modern path give Joe Goldberg a call - (609-231-6187 - near Ocean City, NJ) - he is a woodworker, but he can have barrels blued as well.

Understand that the starting conditions of the barrels will determine the final condition of the barrels - think women in spandex - you see every flaw. If you want 'perfect' the barrels need to be prepped to perfection. The bluing can be done three or four different ways, and this will determine the final color you get.

Joe can talk you through the various aspects of each of these possibilities.

I will warn you that he is an artist and a perfectionist... but his work is stellar.

3. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Lock's Philadelphia Gun Exchange...6700 Rowland Ave., Phila., PA - 215.332.6225

4. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

2nd on Locks

5. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

3rd on Locks
    God Bless, Bill Ivins

6. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...thx for the tip on Blueridge!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.