1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barney Fife?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Good Samaritans Face Fine After Rescuing Deer From Icy Water

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://video.baltimore.cbslocal.com/global/video/videoplayer.js?rnd=300666;hostDomain=video.baltimore.cbslocal.com;playerWidth=385;playerHeight=288;isShowIcon=true;clipId=5393304;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;advertisingZone=CBS.BALTIMORE/worldnowplayer;enableAds=false;landingPage=null;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript'></script>

BALTIMORE COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) – They fought to save a life, and now they say they’ll fight the fine.

It all revolves around the rescue of a deer trapped in icy water Thursday night.

Alex DeMetrick reports that good deed was rewarded with tickets.

Strangers banded together to pull a deer out of the freezing water of the Patapsco River on Thursday night.

“We seen the deer going under,” said Khalil Abusakran. “It couldn’t maintain. It was starting to freeze, and it was really getting bad.”

Abusakran brought a raft, and Jim Hart joined him.

“We had oars and shovels to break the ice, for the deer to get out,” Abusakran said.

But in the excited aftermath of the rescue, a natural resources police officer on the scene wrote both men a ticket.

“And he didn’t say anything,” Jim Hart said. “We went in and out of the water numerous times. He didn’t stop us at all.”

They say they were ticketed for not wearing life vests, although both are over the age for mandatory use of flotation devices.

“No, we didn’t have vests on, but we’re not 16 years old,” Abusakran said. “There were personal floating devices on the boat.”

The ticket itself doesn’t check off any specific violation, just a $90 fine.

They’ll fight it in court, as they fought for the deer.

The two men ticketed say they will fight the citations at the court hearing in Annapolis set for Feb. 18.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Someone needs to kick that officer in the arse!!!!

ss

3. neofight

neofight TS Member

Let me be the first in line to offer $100.00 for their defense. Unbelievable!!! Darwin was wrong, we have not evolved.

4. neofight

neofight TS Member

Let me be the first in line to offer $100.00 for their defense. Unbelievable!!! Darwin was wrong, we have not evolved.

5. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I agree that whoever issued these fines is goofy assuming there is not more to the story, but to say.......

"Fish and Game officer (aka Greenjackets) =TSA worker, I have no use for either.... as Petty a person as I have ever seen...."

I strongly disagree with that statement, those officers risk their lives daily to protect wildlife and habitat, which in turns protects the natural resources that so many of us enjoy, i.e., fishing and hunting.

I wish we had more AKA GREENJACKETS to catch the assholes that poach animals and fish...

GOD BLESS THE GREENJACKETS!!!

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Wake Up People!!!!!!!!!! Its all about the money!!! Every department has had cut backs and everyone that CAN is writting more tickets (or whatever) to save there JOBS PERIOD. Obamy just spent too much money the past 2 years. Where have you been. Break-em all. Jeff

7. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

What a great Public Relations move! Decisions like this make game wardens look like nothing more then meter-maids.

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I hunt and fish. I have harvested my share of deer. I have also taken the time help them if they are caught in a fence or what ever. Yes I have at times had to put them down becasue of them being hurt by cars. The office needs to be more understanding to things. He didn't have to give them a ticket but wanted to give them a ticket. Now adays because money is in short supply tey give out tickets just to fill the accounts. I don't think the office should be fired but put in a seat and talked to on when he should give out a ticket.

9. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Just goes to show the grass is greener on the other side...

In Indiana, there are routine complaints that the DNR Officers are too aggressive in enforcement of game laws. They dress in rough duty and hoof it around, in the woods, on the banks, etc... There are a certain amount of Hoosiers that wish DNR would wear shiny shoes and never leave pavement.

Sounds like you wish your DNR guys would actually go into the woods and walk river banks, etc...

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I was at the gun club a few weeks ago.and the clay and play warden was watching me shoot.. When I was done.. he thanked me for leaving some breeding stock out in the field...so they could reproduce... I told him clay targets can;t reproduce.. They don't have sex.. He told me the last 6 birds screwed me pretty good....LOL... All Good.. Mike

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I can just hear his Don Knotts nasally whine while he wrote the tickets, followed by readjusting his duty belt, head cocked to the side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.