1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargains at the Big Shoots

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3200, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3200

3200 TS Member

Are there really and bargains to be had from the vendors at the big shoots? I know that MEC was at the Wisc State Shoot, but I did not manage to find time to stop and talk. I understand that they will be at The Grand and I have plans to be there at least a couple of days. Just wondering if they have any bargains. Might be in the market for a 9000E.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

While at the PITA Grand Pacific last week, we loaded up on components from Connies. We bought shot for $23.99/bag (ton), Promo powder for $75.00/8lb., Fiocchi primers for $89.00, and original Windjammer 11/8oz, wads for $60.00. Rios, Top Guns, and Estates were selling for $39.00-$41.00/flat. These prices represent a substantial saving over the current cost of components and shells. I don't know if this is true for all the major shoots, but I would think it would apply, especially if there is competition from other vendors. Of couse, quantity buys qualify for the best prices, so combine your purchases with other club members, or other shooters, if possible. As for Mec reloaders, your best buys seem to be on the internet from various vendors. I have found Connies Components to be the best buy on Mec loaders and Mec parts. They even include shipping in their price for a new Mec 9000.....Just my experience....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. 3200

3200 TS Member

Thanks Dan. From what I have found thus far, as it relates to the 9000E and/or 9000GN, a local outfit has the 9000E for $729 and the 9000GN for $355.

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Check on Ebay, I just sold a like new 9000GN last week for $361.00 shipped. Actually used it for a year or so and made some money on it lol. With components going sky high, the reloader market should be going down soon. That is just a guess though. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.