1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain priced shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I can buy estates,gun club.federal top gun. rio. and others for $51.00-$55.00 a case.my question is for shooting 16yd singles which one would you buy and why.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gun Clubs. They have have great reloadable steel based hulls.

3. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Have shot some of my best scores with Remington promotional brand shells.

Usually purchased at WalMart, which is between the trap range and my home, for $21 per 100 shells -- 1-1/8 ounce of #8 shot at 1200 fps.

Save all the hulls and they reload great.

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rio is what I buy when I have the choice (this is only applies to when I'm looking to buy cheap shells).

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Federal Top Guns, Remington Gun Clubs, Estates, and then Rio's, in that order and I have bought a bunch of all of them ... Gun Clubs and Estates run about even ... I don't care about reloadability, they are all throw aways to me ... If anyone wants me to save them, let me know and I will for .03 each and you pay shipping ... Just bought 50 flats of Estates ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I shoot 1oz.loads for 16yds and the Rio's have better velocity and the recoil is less sharp.Jerry

7. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The Federal produced shells are the best of the lower cost shells. If you reload, the Rem. Gun Clubs are best. My experience. Clyde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.