1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barack Obama's gift for the Queen: an iPod

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by skeet_man, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Barack Obama

Always classy, about as good a gift as a collection of 25 DVDs...

Barack Obama met the Queen at Buckingham Palace today and gave her a gift of an iPod loaded with video footage and photographs of her 2007 visit to the United States. In return, the Queen gave the President a silver framed photograph of herself - apparently a standard present for visiting dignitaries.

The Queen already has an iPod, a 6GB silver Mini version she bought in 2005 at the suggestion of Prince Andrew.

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Empty suit visits Europe. I'm surprised he didn't give her tupperware or a slinky. What a putz.

3. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

One would find more class on a toilet seat than any class that Obama could ever posses..

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

guess the link was too long http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_harnden/blog/2009/04/01/barack_obamas_gift_for_the_queen_an_ipod_your_majesty

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The Queen should have said, that Obama's return of the bust (maybe a portrait) of Winston Churchill (during his first week of office), would have been sufficient, because it would loose some of it's dignity being in the same living space as him.

Doug

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

'member when they gave Bush hell for being a little slow to deal with the intelligence plane the commies bumped into early in his first term?

Hearing this makes me feel so much more respected. Guess the annointed one doesn't want to upset his comrades. Why doesn't he just wave the white flag now?

"U.S. says to turn to UN if NKorea launches missile

LONDON, April 1 (Reuters) - The United States will respond to any North Korean missile launch by raising the matter in the U.N. Security Council, a U.S. official said on Wednesday.

North Korea has said it will launch a communications satellite between April 4 and 8 under its space programme. Washington and its allies in Asia see the plan as a disguised long-range missile test.

The U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity on the sidelines of a G20 meeting in London, said Washington would react if North Korea launched a missile.

"There are U.N. Security Council resolutions so I would expect we would be talking to the U.N. Security Council about how to respond," the official told reporters.

"The president made clear we are deeply concerned about the prospective missile launch by the North Koreans ... That this is provocative to the region and contrary to U.N. Security Council resolutions ... There will be a reaction to it." (Reporting by Caren Bohan, writing by Elizabeth Piper; editing by Alison Williams)

7. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

maybe the title of this thread should be
    Obama's gift to the US citizens,,an "I prod",,right up the ol wazoooooooo!!!!

8. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

2005? That's WAY old school! Thanks to Mr. Obama, the Queen is back on top of iPod technology!
    ...now about that economy...
    -Trappy

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Good move, tattle to the toothless UN about the ICBM.

That'll fix em. Bet they make North Korea have a time out.

HM

10. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

WHAT A LOOSER, SHOULD BE A EMBRASSMENT TO EVERYONE IN THE USA

11. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

An American designed IPOD is the perfect gift for Obama to give to the biggest welfare recipient in the world.

He should have given one to the GM CEO when Obama booted his butt.

12. reelfoot

reelfoot TS Member

With all the modern science we have, it might be possible to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. But infortunately, you still can't polish a tard!

13. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

Why not take her the Queen or whatever she maybe a mess of Chitlins and Ham hocks with a side of greens.

14. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

You guys are complaining about Obama's seemingly unsentimental gift giving, the real issue here is the Queen's arrogance! A picture of herself in a silver picture frame? Really your Majesty? Heck, the way the English give gifts, Obama should get himself on over to Cuba where Castro (or his brother, or Castro's look-alike, or Jimmy Hoffa) will give him some nice Cuban Cigars!
    -Trappy

15. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Trappy....I bet you give girls you date daisies or calla lillies. A good bouquet of roses would show to much class....

16. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

Trappy Obama has taxed the be-Jesus out of the Tobacco products even the good cigar makers in Florida are starting to layoff because of the 40 cent tax increase per cigar, and this man was going to create 4.1 million jobs.

[​IMG]

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

It also has "tunes" on it,,,,I wonder if Her Majesty is into hiphop and c rap????

18. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Bigdogtx.....You forgot gangsta rap...

19. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

IPOD means: I-Piss-off-dignitaries

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Sorry waterhouselake,,,,I guess I am just too far outa the loop or hood. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.