1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Barack 0bama is on track to eliminate shooting hob

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by WarEagle2017, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

And before you know it we have lost all our liberties.

Barack 0bama is on track to eliminate shooting hobbies, even if it breaks the
    Country. Thanks to all of you who voted for him. Sooner or later he'll get around
    To something that affects YOU.

This is breaking news....

Georgia Arms is the 5th largest retailer of .223 Ammo in America. (they sell 9 mm,
    .45, etc)

They normally buy spent brass from the US Dept of Defense - 'one time used' shell
    Casings by our Military - from training on Military bases, etc. They buy the brass
    And then re-load for resale to Law Enforcement, Gun Shops, Gun Clubs, etc.

They normally buy 30,000 lbs of spent brass at a time.

This week the DoD wrote a letter to the owner of Georgia Arms and said that from now
    On the DoD will be destroying the brass - shredding it. It is no longer available
    To the Ammo makers - unless they just buy it in a scrap condition (which they have
    No use for). By The Way - The brass is NOW going to be sold by the DoD to China as scrap -
    For less money than Ammo manufacturers have been paying for the shells before
    Processing to destroy. That sure helps the US economy now, doesn't it? Sell
    Cheaper to China - and do not sell shells at all to a proven US business. Any
    Agenda working here?

The Georgia Arms owner even related a story that one of his competitors had already
    Purchased a load of brass last week - and the DoD contacted him this week and said
    They were sending someone over to make sure it was destroyed. Shell Casings he had
    Already bought! THE BRASS HAS NO VALUE TO THE AMMO MAKER IF IT IS
    DESTROYED/SHREDDED/MELTED. HE ONLY USES IT TO RELOAD DIFFERENT CALIBERS - MAINLY
    .223 BULLETS.

Georgia Arms owner says that he will have to lay off at least Half of his 60
    Workers, within 2 - 3 months if the DoD no longer sells their spent brass to him. He
    Has 2 - 3 months inventory of shells to use. By summer - he's out.

You can read the info and see the DoD letter to Georgia Arms here:

The Shootist Site

http://www.theshootist.net/

Georgia Arms Site:

2. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I wish I could say "unbelievable" but I'm not surprised. Just another issue that ends up ultimately screwing the shooter. Now, what do you think will happen to the price of once-fired commercial brass? Already a shortage with .223 brass. Nothing surprises me when it comes to Obama. BT-100dc

3. bocephus

bocephus Member

If you wait till 2010 it will be too late.......

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I sent a fax.

HM

5. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I'm remembering the sales of scrap steel we made to Japan in the 1930's.
    They sent most of it back though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.