1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Banks are at it.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slipping into darkness, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

We bailed out the Banks so they could keep there heads above water but now realize there still not making enough "Money" they now are starting the so call maintenance fee, the transaction fee, the transfer fee, what a crock of B.S. a financial advisory suggest moving all money to a Credit Union will be checking them out this week. Good Luck America!

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

We all hate these fees but Dodd-Frank and other Obama reguklations have made many of the money-earning things that banks used to do illegal. That is why the banks have been forced to to for other revenue streams. I am no fan of banks in general but they do have very high operating costs and they do need to make a profit to survive.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Credit unions are my banks now

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Birddog, that's a nice common-sense approach, as opposed to the disjointed rambling of the original poster.

They'll either make a profit and survive or they won't.

And then the OP will wonder where he's going to get a loan from...

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The only problem with Credit Unions is when they get big enough to compete with the banks the board of directors will have a rigged election to change the charter to a bank

I used to work for two that did that, one had $4.5 billion is assets, and switched to a bank, any ballot that was returned was supposed to be counted as a vote against the change, on the 4 th floor of one of their buildings there were 5 pallet boxes of returned ballots, that were never counted

But what I would like to know, is how they get by with stealing the members assets, they sure didn't sent any money to the "ex members"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.