1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bank choice at the Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Everybody seems to have a bank picking theory at the Cardinal Center. I like shooting on either end 1,2,3 or 10,11,12. I like the background on these traps. IMO it seems that several years ago everyone wanted to shoot the East end, but now the newer West end seems more desired. What is your theory?
    Doug Allison

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I have only shot the bunker at CC but I couldn't see how anybody could have much of a reasoned preference, east or west.

CC is a hell of a nice place to shoot and I can't see anybody (legitimately) claim any background cost them a bird.

Bob

3. fvtrkyhntr

fvtrkyhntr Member

Stay away from the "the black hole" on bank 7

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Some don't like 6 or 7; but the background is much like Elysburg and I like those banks, just not on an early squad. Shot 11 yesterday, though, & it's very nice up at that end...not much activity behind the shooters.

best....mike

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I prefer banks 2-3-5-6-7-8-9-10, 2 & 3 are away from the ends and auto traffic
    5-10 better back ground, away from the wetland trees. And most of the top shooters like these same banks, I tend to watch where they shoot, there is a reason they shoot these banks.

Also note the time of the day they shoot, I have noticed later on first event of the day, mid afternoon on 2nd event, if there is a 3rd event, early on them
    to get the best use of the sunlight.

Winds normally die down late afternoons.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

When I get in the Zone,I don't see the background. Trouble is, I have not found the zone for quite some time.
    Clyde

7. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Avoid bank 4 at all costs as they run the bunker trap at the same time they are shooting registered targets and the bunker hard right targets will cross the last trap on bank 4, 4d.

I would think that would be against ATA rules, but they do it anyway.

Adios, Dirk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.