1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Band from a club? Can you shoot ATA there?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by imissone, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imissone

imissone TS Member

If you where a member of a club and for what ever reason you are band from that club.

Question:

If that club holds ATA shoots can you still go there as a ATA shooter?

Thanks
    imissone

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If you have been "banned" from the property, that's it. It dosen't matter what they, the club, are holding. You can't go to it.
    Mike Battista

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Possibly a good idea to read the definition of "ban" and "banned" in a dictionary, which upon your question should be answered.

Curt

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

You are on the George Washington Program. "Part of History"

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Generally, if you are banned from the club property (we have 2 such individuals at our club), if you show up, the police will be called, and you'll be arrested for trespassing. We have allowed one of the two individuals to participate in a traveling trap league when it is hosted at our club, but when he is done, it is understood that he allowed to drink one beer, then he is to leave, no ifs ands or buts, and if he isn't gone after that, it'll get dealt with harshly. The other individual will have the police called on him the minute his feet hit club property..... If it is a concern, I would approach the board of directors at the club (or owner, however it is set up), and ask for permission to attend ATA shoots, with the understanding that you will leave immediately if asked (would depend on the circumstances of the banning, and how understanding the people in power are).

6. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

I just have to ask. What did you do to get banned from a shooting facility?? :)

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

NO

You have no right to be on the property.

If someone is not permitted on the grounds it is usually as the result of unsafe or unruly behavior. Club Management has the responsibility to run a safe and orderly operation. In fact, if the behavior that resulted in being banned occurred during an ATA event, the person would face suspension from the ATA.

Don Verna

8. jjv1234

jjv1234 Member

I would also like to know what it takes to get banned from a shooting club. I guess I can think of several things from safety reasons, picking fights, excessive rudeness, etc.

There has to be some pretty good reasons out there, let's hear them......

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Read the rules. No they don't have to take you.

Don

10. Bill Renner

Bill Renner TS Member

Aren't most ATA shoots invitational? No invitation no shoot.

11. Bridger

Bridger Member

Why would you want to go to a club that banned you? Sounds like just trying to cause more trouble.

12. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I think if it's a state or zone shoot you can shoot there.

13. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

criticizing the targets? Really!

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Bridger hit the nail on the head. Think about it... Imagine yourself getting banned from a club and then wanting to go back. Who in the world does this? ...Exactly the kind of person who gets banned in the first place, that's who. Trouble-maker, drunk, or both.

-Gary

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you have been banned from any club they do not have to let you back on the grounds for any reason and management prevails on this one over and far above the ATA ... I do not feel that many people have ever been banned but those that have been probably gave good reason for it to happen ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Shootlow is lying again. I personally saw him playing a mean sax. In a banned. At a club. Well it wasn't exactly a trap club.

17. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

We had a member banned from our club for unsafe shooting.
    He was shooting Skeet and a members dog ran out into the drop zone. We yelled and got his attention, told him to stop shooting. He looked at us smiled mounted the gun and shot anyway. The trap boy was new and should not have pulled the target. In 60 years this was only the second person banned from our club.
    Scott

18. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

was the music that bad.

I have been trying to get the local grade school band to record the National Anthym, that would be an imporvement over what I hear at some shoot's.

AL

19. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

I was in a band once in high school, played the sax but was not in a band from a club. :(

tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.